players who didnt get a fair crack of the whip?

The trouble with Wednesday fans and strikers is that we were spolied with Hirst & Bright etc... so when we sign a forward he his automatically judged on this and if he hasnt scored 10 in his first 5 games hes rubbish and shouldnt be at Hillsborough. The Grant Holt one is a prime example and i fear the same will happen with May.

rose tinted glasses though isnt it jack . hirsty struggled after scoring on his debut and think it was summat like 6 months before his next goal .

The trouble with Wednesday fans and strikers is that we were spolied with Hirst & Bright etc... so when we sign a forward he his automatically judged on this and if he hasnt scored 10 in his first 5 games hes rubbish and shouldnt be at Hillsborough. The Grant Holt one is a prime example and i fear the same will happen with May.

I think this was case with Ian Taylor when fans compared him to Carlton Palmer and same was with Petre Rudi who did run like Waddle but though was quite a decent player was very one paced and could never do things Waddle did.

Roland Nilson's replacement whether it was Ian Nolan or Peter Atherton playing right back they weren't as good as Roland so fans gave both some stick.

Siggi Johnson missed his way. In recent times Patrick Collins is the one I can never fathom out how he didn't make the grade at a top level.

People also forget just how good Alan Quinn was when he broke into the first team. Could also say the same for Steve Haslam. If those 2 had been around the first team during the Cup final eras, it might have been a different story. Problem was, they had to learn their trade in poor teams, and their careers suffered as a result, massively.

Wasn't the issue that at Port Vale and Villa Taylor played through the middle of midfield, but we insisted on playing him wide on the right?

Thought it was more a case that many people presumed he was the replacement for Carlton as he came in when CP went to Leeds, and the crowd were on his back pretty quickly.

In reality he was a completely different type of player and probably required us to play in a different way to get the best out of him. Did very well at Villa.