players who didnt get a fair crack of the whip?

In all seriousness, Chris Woods. I'm not saying that he didn't deserve to be dropped, or even that he should have come back and replaced Big Kev. However, the fact that he didn't get another chance somewhere, even if it wasn't with us, is sad.

It's not sad it's common sense. He was a bad keeper. It just took a while to realise. He never had much to do at rangers.

Fair enough, I never considered his age. That means he dropped out of the team at about 33 though. Still a 'keeper's prime years.

not for him lanny .......makes you think he must have been on good money to stick it to the end of his contract .

From what I can remember it wasn't so much that Taylor wasn't given a fair crack of the whip, but we desperately needed to fund the buying of a new striker as we needed goals in (yet another) upcoming relegation battle.

We signed Guy Whittingham who, to be fair, scored a good number of goals that kept us up.

Was going to say Orlando. Degryse didn't get a fair crack either. Don't know why we sold him.

I'd forgotten about degryse

He had the shortest legs and the biggest head I've ever seen on a full grown human, he actually looked like one of them corinthian football figures

Guest s80m21owl

From what I can remember it wasn't so much that Taylor wasn't given a fair crack of the whip, but we desperately needed to fund the buying of a new striker as we needed goals in (yet another) upcoming relegation battle.

We signed Guy Whittingham who, to be fair, scored a good number of goals that kept us up.

Guest s80m21owl

Wasn't the issue that at Port Vale and Villa Taylor played through the middle of midfield, but we insisted on playing him wide on the right?

The trouble with Wednesday fans and strikers is that we were spolied with Hirst & Bright etc... so when we sign a forward he his automatically judged on this and if he hasnt scored 10 in his first 5 games hes rubbish and shouldnt be at Hillsborough. The Grant Holt one is a prime example and i fear the same will happen with May.