players who didnt get a fair crack of the whip?

Of course, the state we have been in for quite some time means that we have been unable to really invest time in players to nurture them and bring out any potential.

I know they were only loans, so not ever really ours to not afford a fair crack of the whip, but both of Ipswich's currently prolific strikers were here and dismissed as not good enough by many in their temporary arrangements. Being reactive as a club, as epitomized by emergency loan deals, will often mean we don't get to see the best in a player.

Were people genuinely disappointed when Kovacavic went? I can't remember.

Or is it just because he went on to better things?

I was disappointed. Bit of a slow start for us but got 4 from 8 league starts. Remember Pleat saying that we'll have to give him time to settle when we signed him too. Definite panic sale.

Kovacevic

What the frigging hell was that all about, Waited months he came in scored 5 in 9 i think so we sold him to buy Andy Booth for exact same money good idea that Mr Pleat.

One a year later was worth 17million other was worth 2 & 6.

Trustfull

Looked quality to me every time i saw him play and definately better than his country man Blinker we then sent him back to Vittesse i think.

Petrescu

Signed after a great world cup didnt have best starts so we just got rid to Chelsea i mean he didnt do much there did he!!!

Iain Hesford. Quite excited (not in that way) when we signed him and then we signed Hodge a few days/weeks later, so he ended up as understudy and never played a single game for us.

Just noticed this on his Wiki page. Crikey. I must have missed that news. RIP Iain.

On 20 November 2014, the body of Hesford was discovered. The cause of his death is not yet known.[4]

Kovacevic

What the frigging hell was that all about, Waited months he came in scored 5 in 9 i think so we sold him to buy Andy Booth for exact same money good idea that Mr Pleat.

Trustfull

Looked quality to me every time i saw him play and definately better than his country man Blinker we then sent him back to Vittesse i think.

Petrescu

Signed after a great world cup didnt have best starts so we just got rid to Chelsea i mean he didnt do much there did he!!!

Petrescu wanted to leave.

So, there are threads on here quite often re players that should be playing/haven’t had their chance.

I’m thinking about Corry, young Gary etc. Now, they'll be reasons for this (performance in training) but that's sometimes not good enough for the fans.

So, who can you think of from the past who hasn’t been/wasn’t given a fair chance (i.e. fans wanted them to play for no real reason), off top of my head, Paul Heffernan??

did anyone mention Cantona?

Kovacevic

kovacevic was a boobies up, but i remember there being some problems about his work permit?

Cantona has to be the biggest epic fail surely?

In more recent times then probably Grant Holt, he was only a youngster when he arrived and in the few games he played I personally thought he deserved a fairer crack of the whip, especially when you consider at the time the club was paying the likes of Robbie Mustoe and Kim Olsen.

Chamberlain.

I always remember "get chamberlain on" coming from the kop every week.

We loved him when he did come on but he rarely seemed to start.If he did start he didnt play as well and I dont remember much else :-)

So maybe him.

Like when we played Everton in the cup replay at Hillsborough. We were losing 5-0 at half time.

Of course, the state we have been in for quite some time means that we have been unable to really invest time in players to nurture them and bring out any potential.

I know they were only loans, so not ever really ours to not afford a fair crack of the whip, but both of Ipswich's currently prolific strikers were here and dismissed as not good enough by many in their temporary arrangements. Being reactive as a club, as epitomized by emergency loan deals, will often mean we don't get to see the best in a player.

McGoldrick is an odd one. I don't remember any clamour whatsoever to sign him permanently at the time and most fans were happy to see him move on. Yet since leaving us he's gone on to score 40 goals at a rate of almost 1 every 2 games! We only had him for a handful of games and clearly we didn't see the best of him, but it does seem we dropped a clanger in not chasing him with greater determination when he was available. 

Pecnic and Rodri recently.

Trustfall Darko Dejan too in the past.

This trend will continue too I imagine.

stefanovic went to the end of his 4 year contract and only left because of work permit  problems .

Definitely Rodri. I liked him.

would this be same rodri that cant get a goal for the club at the bottom of the german 2nd division ......