Nigel Adkins/Royston Drenthe

Guest Sheff Owl

It's not the system to blame it's the fact we do not build a squad of our own players.

This will continue to happen while ever we continue with the cheap option of filling the holes in our squad with players we have no control over.

Exactly this. How can anyone blame the system??

Reading will do us a big favour with Royston in precisely the same way they did with Antonio when we took him on loan and then wanted to sign him, they couldn't have been more helpful, they even had the courtesy to play him in a pre season friendly in Portugal just so we could take another look........Southern Rs'holes.

Being in a family of Reading Fans, I know how happy they were to see the back of him. The fans were laughing at us for singing him thinking they had a result getting him off the books. Hopefully he remembers that and they stay below us in the league. 

Have a feeling it will simply be down to money though and who offers best.

I would imagine they'd be happy to let him stay, as long as we were prepared to pay a sizeable percentage of his wages. Probably the same with Watford and McGugan. Can't see either club wanting their players back, unless they can get more money from another club

Probably in a minority of one here, but has he really made an impact so far in so much as goals and assists.

Could prove me wrong in the long run though.

Don't think there's a problem with his delivery, more likely the ineptitude of the blokes in the middle

I would imagine they'd be happy to let him stay, as long as we were prepared to pay a sizeable percentage of his wages. Probably the same with Watford and McGugan. Can't see either club wanting their players back, unless they can get more money from another club

Issue is though he's on 40k a week and we're paying less than 20% of that at the moment

Nigel Adkins made it clear in the past he hasn't got a future at Reading but unless it's also a club decision then his sacking could be bad news for us keeping Drenthe.

New manager wanting to have a look and all that, You just know that is going to be the case.

I guess them 'tentative talks' we have had with Reading will now be on hold.

Typical.

i thought nowadays the managers have a smaller say in those kind of things, hopefully we were having sensitiv talks with mr.waitrose or whoever owns them