Nigel Adkins/Royston Drenthe

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Nigel Adkins made it clear in the past he hasn't got a future at Reading but unless it's also a club decision then his sacking could be bad news for us keeping Drenthe.

New manager wanting to have a look and all that, You just know that is going to be the case.

I guess them 'tentative talks' we have had with Reading will now be on hold.

Typical.

Guest Sheff Owl

Well going on what some Reading fans are saying and the way he is playing for us, they want to see him back in January now that Adkins has gone.

And Reading articles/reports it's been Adkins that has bummed off Drenthe and made him train with the U21's and gave him no squad number.

Guest wilyfox

Well going on what some Reading fans are saying and the way he is playing for us, they want to see him back in January now that Adkins has gone.

And Reading articles/reports it's been Adkins that has bummed off Drenthe and made him train with the U21's and gave him no squad number.

The same fans who criticised and labelled him lazy when he joined us? When a player is discarded in the fashion that Drenthe was, I suspect there's more to it than a manager disliking him.

Guest Sheff Owl

The loan system strikes again. Needs a complete overall

Definitely, not gonna happen tho.

Get players fit and firing for someone else, be it 1, 3 or 6 months.

Adkins getting the sack will no doubt change the situation for Royston.  

I think it increases the chances he may go back there under a new manager.  

Having said that, Royston's contract is up in the summer, so you never know how things turn out..