Striker who can hold it up and score a few- suggestion thread.

Guest tha_knows

Sam Vokes, I mentioned him the other day. He's currently on his way back from injury and I'm sure Burnley would be willing to let him out to gain some match fitness, on a short term loan at the very least. Big, strong lad, more than capable of holding the ball up, and goes scores at this level as last season showed.

Guest wilyfox

I'm sure Burnley would be willing to let him out to gain some match fitness, on a short term loan at the very least.

I doubt it. He's probably planning to re-unite him with Ings to rekindle their partnership. It's their best chance of survival if they can spark again.

Can't see Burnley loaning Vokes out... I know a few Burnley fans and they want Vokes back fit and playing.

There's plenty of strikers about we could bring in on loan like Best, Clarke or Tudgay but to bring in anyone decent would cost more money than we'd be prepared to spend.

Look at the market for good strikers in the championship this summer.... Ross McMormack - £11 million, Assombolonga - £5 million, Callum Wilson - £3 million. We'll never spend anything like that.

Don't see us going up or down this year so unless we can get someone quality (like Wickham), I'd rather stick with what we have and give Madine and Lavery more playing time than bring in another loan like GTF or Sidibe

Edited by nilsson

Someone we can pick up for nowt who we know can do a job and score a few at this level.

Start with a few we know of:

Tudgay? At coventry at the moment, is he fit? Maybe could do a swap deal for Madine.

Leon Clarke? I'm sure Wolves are not that arsed about him. Maybe prize him away for 50k?

Just to name a few that we could loan off the top of my head that would improve us. Obviously all might not be available or we are not willing to match the parent clubs wage valuation. Probably missed a few more off if anyone wants to add.

Carlton Cole (Andy Carrol back from injury so won't get game time)

Ricardo Vaz Te

Yaya Sanogo (Walcott returning from injury + about 5 other options)

Marvin Emnes

Libor Kozak (should be back from a broken leg in the new year)

Arouna Kone (returning from injury, Lukaku, Eto'o 1st two choices in lone striker role)

Victor Anichebe (unlikely but started only 3 league games all season)

Yannick Sagbo

Chris Wood

Also the point should be why wasn't this striker brough in pre season when they were actually available instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel again. The majority of other football league clubs have 4 decent strikers where they can just rotate if things aren't working. They also shouldn't have to be picked up for nothing. Our fans have been well and truly brainwashed to except mediocrity.

At least your post made me laugh with the Tudgay and Clarke suggestions.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Sort of strikers we could look at

Emmanuel mayuka

Lukas jutkiewics

Marin emnes

Chris wood

Dexter blackstock

Matt smith? Is he playing at Fulham

Macalaney from Everton

Sort of strikers we could look at

Emmanuel mayuka

Lukas jutkiewics

Marin emnes

Chris wood

Dexter blackstock

Matt smith? Is he playing at Fulham

Macalaney from Everton

Mayuka?

Gimme a break.

He's usually on the bench for Southampton plus waaaaaaaaaaay out of our league/wage budget

Smith is playing for Fulham.

Ditto black stock for forest, albeit from the bench.

Emnes is injured isn't he?

Wood turned us down.

Burnley need all hands in deck to stay up. They won't loan Duke out.

That leaves the nobody from Everton.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I was told we may be looking further afield than UK for players for January. Cheaper and better quality in europe or usa for example.

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

Guest Gazzaswfc

If we still had reda I would have played him up front he would bag 6-10 goals for us long balls in box he would lap them up never rated him as a full back

Matt smith is on loan to Bristol city. Like mackail-smith I suspect it's a "don't loan to your rivals" sort of loan, and with us being mid table we're a rival to at least 18 teams in the league. Will keane on loan makes sense but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a number of teams interested who would offer much more than we could. Maybe one of robbie keane's 40 boyhood clubs was Sheffield Wednesday?!