Madine recall tomorrow

In the light of two misfiring strikers neither of whom are of Championship standard Gray should be instructed to recall Madine tomorrow.

Lavery has good potential but is recovering from a significant injury.

The striking options we have available are pitiful for a Championship side.

Love or hate Madine only an idiot of a manager would not recall him straightaway.

The next three games are all before the January window opens and striking options are essential to any manager.

NO ,NO ,NO ,NO ,NO

Madine is not the answer . had his chance and cannot cut it at championship level. He will always score in the pub league because thats his level.

F

No he hasn't. A striker needs a run in the team not 10 minutes here and there. He may not be good enough but none of us know for sure.

Tricky Trev wrote

You have stated that neither of the forwards who played yesterday are Championship standard and then said we should recall a striker who hasn't scored goals consistently above third division level.  I really can't see the sense in that

Well I am not sure that Madine has been given a proper run of 4/5 games.

But this argument is all about options from the bench and also to make Nuhui and May realise that they are not indispensable.

If we lose the next 3 games we will again be looking over our shoulders.

Most football managers like at least two striking options on the bench.

Any sensible manager would have Madine back in S6 by lunchtime tomorrow.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

He isn't really the answer but Nuhiu is struggling at the moment so it makes sense....unless a permanent deal is already in place with money coming our way.

I think Madine can achieve at this level. Remember the 2-1 win against Barnsley, he was excellent that day (apart from missing a pen).

And he's still only 24.

It's unlikely he'll do it at Wednesday now but I'd like to see him come back and given a proper run in the team until the end of the season

In the light of two misfiring strikers neither of whom are of Championship standard Gray should be instructed to recall Madine tomorrow.

Lavery has good potential but is recovering from a significant injury.

The striking options we have available are pitiful for a Championship side.

Love or hate Madine only an idiot of a manager would not recall him straightaway.

The next three games are all before the January window opens and striking options are essential to any manager.

Why recall a league 1 striker who has consistently failed at this level too ?

Tricky Trev wrote

You have stated that neither of the forwards who played yesterday are Championship standard and then said we should recall a striker who hasn't scored goals consistently above third division level. I really can't see the sense in that

Well I am not sure that Madine has been given a proper run of 4/5 games.

He's had nearly 3 years to show what he can do at this level.

He's found his level at Coventry.