I'd love a new ground

Guest JonTheOwl66

On what basis ?

and im not going to discuss on the basis of being in the Prem

We have a hard core of about 18 k who attend home games why would a smaller ground encourage another 5 k to sign on

It did with Brighton. It did with Rotherham.

On what basis ? 

We have a hard core of about 18 k who attend home games why would a smaller ground encourage another 5 k to sign on

it would to a degree, because people need to ensure they can get a ticket for the bigger games. there is no danger of missing out when you have 15000 empty seats...you can always walk up.

So how much would a new ground cost and who's paying for it? We can't even afford a couple of quality players to give us a chance of a play off challenge.

im almost certain when the MK Dons chairman was on talksport he talked about 60 mil i think Rotherhams topped out about 20 mil but don't hold me to that

It's not going to happen any time soon, but I do think a new stadium could be the catalyst for real change.

We all love Hillsborough, but I do often wonder whether it is a bit of an archaic relic which is holding us back.

On what basis ? 

It wouldnt . Yeah , the novelty of a new stadium might add a couple of thousand for the first few games, but we would soon be back to the hardcore fans plus the walkups , which differ from game to game. 

Guest JonTheOwl66

I think you are as wrong on this as can be

The South Stand is fine needs a lick of paint the North stand needs renovation as does the Kop the West stand needs a bulldozer

The Columns on the kop could do with being removed but im no engineer so dont know what that would entail but that Kop foot print and look needs leaving as is a one tier vast stand no boxes it is Hillsborough

Nah, I think you're letting your love for the place blind you.

Many away fans laugh at the state of it. Some people on here suggest it's the reason were losing money. The food stalls are absolute crap. It's freezing. It's impossible to get a decent atmosphere going unless the place is full. The scoreboard screams 1960s. The poles on the kop. Many areas of the stadium are unusable due to safety.

The place is a dump. A magical dump. But still a dump.

For one, I like the site. It's magnificent and mystical. I wouldn't want Hillsborough to be anywhere but in Owlerton. I'd also be very sad to see it go.

But we need to move with the times. What's the point in Mandaric doing all this work if one of the most important components of revenue building is keeping us in the dark ages?

Many away fans laugh at the state of it. Some people on here suggest it's the reason were losing money. The food stalls are absolute crap. It's freezing. It's impossible to get a decent atmosphere going unless the place is full. The scoreboard screams 1960s. The poles on the kop. Many areas of the stadium are unusable due to safety.

For one, I like the site. It's magnificent and mystical. I wouldn't want Hillsborough to be anywhere but in Owlerton. I'd also be very sad to see it go.

But we need to move with the times. What's the point in Mandaric doing all this work if one of the most important components of revenue building is keeping us in the dark ages?

My mates all say it's a shihole I agree

My mates all say it's a shihole I agree

Im sure some people will say that but again, my mates round here all really rate Hillsborough and make a point of mentioning it when we discuss away days etc.

I guess we all look for different things from our football experience but I couldn't care less about the catering, the corporate facilities, or padded seats.

Guest Sheff Owl

Look at the state of that, it's horrible, is it not possible to do something with the lettering, tidy it up a little bit? (i know it needs more than that but it's a start).

3447085220_e20d8cc68e.jpg