My first game.

Guest sotonowl

Guest sotonowl

Think you've got your years mixed up a bit...Colin Dobson...'61 - '66, Mark (Pancho) Pearson...'63 - '65

Well that would fit wouldn't it? I researched it so I reckon I'm correct

It was either 1956 or 1957, we played Lincoln City in (I think) the second division, and I'm pretty sure we beat them 5 - 2. Don't remember anything about the game other than being in a huge crowd, being passed over the heads to the front of the Kop, and standing on a soap box right by the wall at the front. I'm always amazed when people say their first game was over fifty years ago, they were six years old, and can remember who scored all the goals.

If it was Lincoln then It was 5-3. Last game of the 55-56 season (we went up as Champions).

Well that would fit wouldn't it? I researched it so I reckon I'm correct

Not if we are talking about the 55/56 era.

I'll be at the temple on boxing day (god willing) which will be exactly 51 years since my first game.

Boxing day 1963 we beat Bolton Wanderers 3-0 with 2 goals from Colin Dobson and 1 from Mark Pearson, attendance was 31,301 with me being the one.

I'm always amazed when people say their first game was over fifty years ago, they were six years old, and can remember who scored all the goals.

I couldn't, had to look it up and the attendance as well although I can remember the score and that Colin Dobson had scored, can't even remember Mark Pearson at all, amazing thing t'internet.

Oh and stop being so cynical.

This might help clear up the confusion Les.