My first game.

Guest sotonowl

First ever kit: Liverpool

First ever game: Chesterfield v Aldershot. My mums dad was a massive Chesterfield fan. My dad hated it. So......

First ever Wednesday game: Beat Liverpool 2-0 Atkinson got two 1989.

Always remember walking upto the ground, I knew I was in love then. Stood near where tango stands now, could remember the smell of cigs and Bovril. The kop surging forward - this scared me too death. First time I had ever been in a big ground. I'd actually gone to see Wednesday but secretly to see Liverpool too, didnt tell my dad at the time or would have tanned arse.

Remember the game clearly, Grobs crying as it was too emotional for him. I didn't know what had happened months previous as I was too young but by the end of the night I knew. Can still picture the kop surging forward now. Those were the days.

Can't remember mine too young, sometime in 1979/80.

But I can remember going to a match with my mate and his 5 year old son (first ever match).

It was Gillingham at home 3 years ago?, the one where we scored 3 in ten minutes.

I looked at his dad, and said that 'my god is this lad is going to dispointed for the rest of his Wednesday days"

Can't remember mine too young, sometime in 1979/80.

But I can remember going to a match with my mate and his 5 year old son (first ever match).

It was Gillingham at home 3 years ago?, the one where we scored 3 in ten minutes.

I looked at his dad, and said that 'my god is this lad is going to dispointed for the rest of his Wednesday days"

Bournemouth that weren't it? 

My username gives it away.  At Wigan on the 30th I will be celebrating 48 years since my first game.  6-1 v Chelsea, and a carton of milk from a machine on Sheffield station with my remaining money! I was also at the 0-0 Newcastle game and the amazing 7-0 v Burnley.  Happy Days.

My username gives it away.  At Wigan on the 30th I will be celebrating 48 years since my first game.  6-1 v Chelsea, and a carton of milk from a machine on Sheffield station with my remaining money! I was also at the 0-0 Newcastle game and the amazing 7-0 v Burnley.  Happy Days.

carton of milk from sheff station  a  treat indeed .....it must have all been down hill ever since

It was either 1956 or 1957, we played Lincoln City in (I think) the second division, and I'm pretty sure we beat them 5 - 2. Don't remember anything about the game other than being in a huge crowd, being passed over the heads to the front of the Kop, and standing on a soap box right by the wall at the front. I'm always amazed when people say their first game was over fifty years ago, they were six years old, and can remember who scored all the goals.

It was either 1956 or 1957, we played Lincoln City in (I think) the second division, and I'm pretty sure we beat them 5 - 2. Don't remember anything about the game other than being in a huge crowd, being passed over the heads to the front of the Kop, and standing on a soap box right by the wall at the front. I'm always amazed when people say their first game was over fifty years ago, they were six years old, and can remember who scored all the goals.

If it was Lincoln then It was 5-3. Last game of the 55-56 season (we went up as Champions).

Thanks for that. As I said, I can't remember a great deal about it, but I know I got the bug, and from probably about 1960 ish, attended home games, when I'd go on the train with the Nuneaton Owls, before they were the Nuneaton Owls, and it was safe for kids to get out and about on their own.

Guest sotonowl

I couldn't, had to look it up and the attendance as well although I can remember the score and that Colin Dobson had scored, can't even remember Mark Pearson at all, amazing thing t'internet.

Oh and stop being so cynical.

I couldn't, had to look it up and the attendance as well although I can remember the score and that Colin Dobson had scored, can't even remember Mark Pearson at all, amazing thing t'internet.

Oh and stop being so cynical.

Think you've got your years mixed up a bit...Colin Dobson...'61 - '66, Mark (Pancho) Pearson...'63 - '65