My first game.

Guest sotonowl

Absolutely no idea what my first game was. Would have been the mid 1980s with my dad. Was at the 1-0 against Manchester united when chapman scored, but don't think it was my first.

I remember that. Dreadful. Went behind after about 2 minutes, and didn't put up any fight despite being in a relegation battle.

When people clapped kewell's 3rd for them I felt like starting on fellow wednesdayites.

Not a 2 year old though I take it?

almanac sez it was the game on 6th September 1967, the nearest game to our centenary and fans were admitted at half price (obviously why i got took) and presented with a birthday card and a badge. we won as stated 4-2 and also went top of Division 1. Does anyone re call this game and have the said memento's, i've now got to quiz my dad about it and see if the old git can remember owt.

was there that night and your right was half price to get in  think i paid a shilling (5p) to go on the kop . can remember a birthday card but not the badge .was about it really dont think we had any presentations or razzmatazz before the kick off . dont think we had a big crowd either was all very low key even though we were up at the top end of the league .

was there that night and your right was half price to get in  think i paid a shilling (5p) to go on the kop . can remember a birthday card but not the badge .was about it really dont think we had any presentations or razzmatazz before the kick off . dont think we had a big crowd either was all very low key even though we were up at the top end of the league .

Just over 26000 were there, i was 6 btw.

1996 Oxford United league cup at the Manor Ground, Nigel Jemson scored their last minute winner.

First home game, 1996 1-1 against Southampton. Jon Newsome scored a header at the kop end, Le Tissier got their goal a penalty at the Leppings Lane end.

2002 0-0 vs Leicester.

If we're talking about first game actually at Hillsborough, then that was mine too. Though I'm "ever so slightly older" than 20.

lol

Edit - and that's not when I started following either. That honour belongs to a much older year, 2002 was just the first chance I had to visit Hillsborough.

Edited by themaskedowl

Guest eggsarnie

Can't remember my first game, mi mam took me when I was about 4 or 5 all I can remember was being on the south stand until mi mum took us home early with the mardies on !

First game I remember was away at villa park v Everton in the f.a.cup semi final on my birthday, poo poo result and got rushed by the Everton fans on the way out of the ground to boot.

Loved it !

Feb 6th 1982. Pearson got two and Bannister got the other one. They got promoted that year so we didn't play them in 83.

cheers mate. Was sure Lyons scored that day. Now I think it had to have been 82. I was only six though. I've loved Pearson ever since. Edited by CrosbyKitchens