My first game.

Guest sotonowl

First game... Feb 1961 Man U 2 SWFC 7.....Fantham 2, Finney 2, Ellis 3 (should have had 33 according to my dad!)

Didn't actually see much of the game...little sprog in a big crowd.

Later that year in November we were at home to AS Roma...won 4-0 and ref stopped the game after a couple of minutes of second half to count them...they tried to play with 13 men.

Aye, that's what it were like when I were a lad......"Kids today don't know they're born!"

Seems a lifetime away in some ways, yet only like yesterday in others.

Mine was Fulham at home in late 60's we won 3-1 or 4-2 i think. i'll look it up in't almanac next time i'm ont bog.

almanac sez it was the game on 6th September 1967, the nearest game to our centenary and fans were admitted at half price (obviously why i got took) and presented with a birthday card and a badge. we won as stated 4-2 and also went top of Division 1. Does anyone re call this game and have the said memento's, i've now got to quiz my dad about it and see if the old git can remember owt.

First game was a pre-season friendly at Bradford City - lost 2-1 I think.

First league game was an away match at Burnley - lost 2-1 again with John Ritchie scoring for the Owls. Remember it was a cold day with lots of snow on the surrounding roads.

Guest sotonowl

My sister took me to that first game. Whilst looking at the results around that time just over 3 weeks later we beat the blunts 3-0 at Hillsborough and she never took me to that one. I'm seeing her at Xmas and i'll be asking why.

I got a nice picture of Bobby Tambling through Typhoon Tea. It was a right nice print too. A large one.

I don't know why it was Bobby Tambling, though. Probably my Mum chose it or no Wednesday players were available.

The sixties were great.

A Football Annual and a kit and a leather casey on Christmas Day.

Boo the Internet.

Typhoon tea?

I bet that went down a storm.

Captains ball for me on Christmas day.

I remember asking for the Forest away kit one year, the yellow shiny adidas one with blue stripes on shorts , sleeves and socks.

My mum got me the yelow admiral Leeds kit with blue and white stripe down sleeve, proper nipple burner like the bukta shirts.

It was hard pretending I liked it.

I remember that. Dreadful. Went behind after about 2 minutes, and didn't put up any fight despite being in a relegation battle.

When people clapped kewell's 3rd for them I felt like starting on fellow wednesdayites.

All I really remember of it was sitting half way up the kop and not being able to see because of some massive guy in front of me but still loved the stadium and the atmosphere.

Also got a pack of salt and vinegar crisps and a coke at half time and remember saying to my dad that it was my favourite part of the day lol