Atmosphere at S6

Guest George Smith

Guest George Smith

Think he's on about the year Wickham scored in the 1-0 win.

Top atmosphere.

He said we got thrashed

We haven't been thrashed there since early 90's

He said we got thrashed

We haven't been thrashed there since early 90's

Was circa 2007.

We lost 3-0 and Laws got sack a week or two after. We had a shot about 80th minute and everyone went off as if we'd won fa cup it was great . was my favourite away game for years that one.

Was circa 2007.

We lost 3-0 and Laws got sack a week or two after. We had a shot about 80th minute and everyone went off as if we'd won fa cup it was great . was my favourite away game for years that one.

Correct...and because we had never stopped singing all through the match some of the players came over at full time...and got dogs abuse. the Leicester fans I know said it was the best support they'd ever seen

Correct...and because we had never stopped singing all through the match some of the players came over at full time...and got dogs abuse. the Leicester fans I know said it was the best support they'd ever seen

Hahaha I remember that too.

Came over due to the Boise we were making and in a split second the atmosphere went from hood natured to venomous booing and back again as soon as they'd all turned round.

you're joking...3,000 of us outsang the whole ground despite us getting thrashed at the time...if you're going to use examples at least try to use some credible ones

This was in 2007. Leicester's singing section only started getting going a couple of years ago.

Just a point about the letter - why should we have to relocate to a worse view in order to have this "singing section"? You go to the football to watch a football match, so my view would always prioritise the atmosphere. If you're going purely for the songs, perhaps a choir is more for you OR EVEN WITH THE LADS IN THE NORTH WEST...

because the group (even when only a minor group) feel when together they have the right to bully the individual...

Despite being the cheapest area to sit I still think it's way too much for the worst stand out of the 3.

Make it dirt cheap and get it as full as possible, the atmosphere will grow then.

and the clubs income would fall...

but after all it's only right that milan should HAVE to chuck his money in where we fear to tread...

I was on the KOP yesterday and completely unaware that we had a singing section.

HAHAHAHAHA!

the whole thing is in need of serious address...

pisspotting around with netting off area's, moving people out of their traditional area's, and boll0x like this won't wash...

the fact is with very few exceptions hillsborough is caught between a morgue and a church...

i used to think it was the acoustics, but you can hear the boo boys when things are goin' wrong...

away when our support is forced together we have good effect, however, at home is a shambles...

whatever the solution is, it had better be very cheap, or free, or the club will avoid it...

you can advocate making the fans in the n/w sit down all game, thus forcing them to return to the kop...

but the kop price is less than the n/w and therefor the club would lose out whilst the free rights of each individual would be taken away...

i really don't see a cost effective way of restoring the kop (if it ever really was)...

so in the short term those of you wanting a crackin' atmos., some good banter with the away fans, and put some extra cash the way of the club for better players...

GET ON T' NORF...

Guest George Smith

There's no US and THEM as far as we're concerned

Surely you'd agree that the more people we get singing inside Hillsborough the better ?

Doesn't matter where they sing as long as they are singing

Are you in the band BTW dnhc ?  lol

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the acoustics at Hillsborough. Its purely down to the fans, To be honest I think our home form is the biggest influence on why its so bad. Fans go from the start with a negative unexciting head on from the start. Whats the solution? My view it comes from the pitch so attacking free flowing footballing would get the crowd bouncing and singing in all parts of the ground.  Apart from the last two games we have been too negative at home and created very few chances. If we had scored early on against Wolves the ground would have rocked.

There's no US and THEM as far as we're concerned

Surely you'd agree that the more people we get singing inside Hillsborough the better ?

Doesn't matter where they sing as long as they are singing

Are you in the band BTW dnhc ?  lol

no i'm non musical...

but it's easy to see we have a serious problem at home...

and chucking the band is likely not the answer...

i stand in the north, it's rarely we hear anything of the kop at all, and if we can't you can imagine what the away support hears...

it's a shambles at present, and i really don't know how to fix it without throwing money at it tbh, and the club aint up to that...

the fact that we can hear the boo boys and individual abuse shows there is the possibility to be heard, the play off final and wycombe games show that wednesday have great potential pulling power, however...

the present fare with it's attacking potential isn't going to get the average bloke on his feet yelling for blood...

our club has a great history, a history we are in the shadow of...

we have huge expectation from our support, we are gettin' nearer but never the less are still short up top...

remember the third division game where the ref added 5 minutes and antonio scored the winner? the atmosphere in that aded time was outstanding, the kop nearly drew or willed the ball into the goal...

if that could be achieved such a short time ago with us still at that time having a presence on the n/w, and a band in attendance then...

WTF WAS DIFFERENT ABOUT THAT ADDED TIME, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED TO FIND...

Guest Boxingday1979

I don't get this post!? There is nothing stopping you doing what you want in your letter. Just go and do it. Move to the bottom right of the Kop with like minded fans and get going! The fact that you currently position yourselfs right next to the band suggests an alternative ego agenda to me. Prove I am wrong, move, stop spoiling the atmosphere at the back of the kop by abusing other fans and go and do your thing! win Win!