Kirkland Unhappy at Being Back Up 'Keeper

Heard and interview on Radio Sheffield this dinner time with Stuart Gray talking about how Kirkland is unhappy at being the back up 'keeper and then went on about him being an excellent professional and goal keeper etc and that he had told Kirkland to keep pushing for a place in the team and doing what he's doing...

Am i just being cynical or does anyone else think this is the start of the lube being squeezed out the tube for us being shafted when we sell Westwood in January?

Edited by juniper7

Guest wilyfox

I hope we do sell Westwood for mega bucks. He's better than championship, and having a goalkeeper as our prized asset is stupid - it should always be your outfield attackers.

Kirkland will be off in January , said before i think Westwood will be reluctant to move anywhere he isn't guaranteed first choice he's spent long enough as back up and wants ROI number 1 spot

Guest Sheff Owl

You do know if we sell Westwood if will be for an undisclosed fee.

Yes we might think he is worth say over 2 million at least but what the club think/do is another matter.

We will sell him for peanuts, any decent offers from the clubs point of view and he will be off.

Edited by Sheff Owl

I hope we do sell Westwood for mega bucks. He's better than championship, and having a goalkeeper as our prized asset is stupid - it should always be your outfield attackers.

Please explain your chain of thought.   Without Westwood, we'd probably have at least 6 less points and be in our usual bottom 3 position for Xmas.