Pardew/Gray

Is our situation at all similar to Newcastle's situation towards the end of last season and start of this? Obviously in terms of form and fan unrest, not in terms of finances or league standing.

Can't really buy a win, squad under performing, signings not up to speed.

To be honest I think Newcastle were in a lot worse position form wise and they stuck by their manager. Now they are making good progress due to a boom in form. Teams will have these dips and booms all season, it's to be expected, so hearing talk of Gray possibly getting the sack is fairly premature to me.

What do people think about the comparison and how long is a reasonable period before making a change? Me, personally, I'd wait until the end of the season. Unless of course we dramatically drop too close to relegation.

I see your point but we kept up that run for a good length of time at the start of this season, beating teams like Brighton and Middlesbrough. They weren't flukes.

I honestly think there's potential within the side to have a respectable finish (between 9-13th - mid table) instead of the same old struggle again.

Unless we are under serious threat of relegation and look completely devoid of ideas and conceding about 3 every game then he should stay.

He was overacheiving with his squad at the start of the season.

Now our threadbare squad has been hit with the usually injuries and suspensions and we have fallen to an expected position in the league.

Gray for me with a majority fit squad has them playing well, it's only now that we are starting to struggle due to the above and MM has chosen not to back him instead leaving SG having to fill the bench with average backups and youngsters. The fact Lavery is being hailed as the messiah prior to his return is daft and somes up MM's current approach.

Unless we are under serious threat of relegation and look completely devoid of ideas and conceding about 3 every game then he should stay.

He was overacheiving with his squad at the start of the season.

Now our threadbare squad has been hit with the usually injuries and suspensions and we have fallen to an expected position in the league.

Gray for me with a majority fit squad has them playing well, it's only now that we are starting to struggle due to the above and MM has chosen not to back him instead leaving SG having to fill the bench with average backups and youngsters. The fact Lavery is being hailed as the messiah prior to his return is daft and somes up MM's current approach.

Completely agree with this. Can't believe the way it's been reported. Some papers suggesting he's a 'key player'. Quite ridiculous really, no offence to the kid like.

Is our situation at all similar to Newcastle's situation towards the end of last season and start of this? Obviously in terms of form and fan unrest, not in terms of finances or league standing.

Can't really buy a win, squad under performing, signings not up to speed.

To be honest I think Newcastle were in a lot worse position form wise and they stuck by their manager. Now they are making good progress due to a boom in form. Teams will have these dips and booms all season, it's to be expected, so hearing talk of Gray possibly getting the sack is fairly premature to me.

What do people think about the comparison and how long is a reasonable period before making a change? Me, personally, I'd wait until the end of the season. Unless of course we dramatically drop too close to relegation.

I refuse to comment until we have a peak in form.  I don't do booms! 

Guest Deleted member

Difference between the fans. Newcastle fans continue to turn up in great numbers and express their displeasure vocally. At least generating income to help provide a way out.

Ours just stop going

Two comments to the OP

1. Our squad is over performing not under

2. Our signings are more than up to speed they are in turbo charge. Imagine where we'd be without Lees and Westwood?

The difference between over achieving and over performing needs to be highlighted. We have been over achieving, but we can still perform better, surely that's a positive we haven't had in a long time?

Lees and Westwood of course. I'm thinking more May and the loan signings that have been brought in. Problems that come with a thin squad I suppose.

The level of dissatisfaction against Pardew was a lot more intense than is toward gray.

Pardew's personality doesnt help

Difference between the fans. Newcastle fans continue to turn up in great numbers and express their displeasure vocally. At least generating income to help provide a way out.

Ours just stop going

Yeah, their displeasure at being 5th in the league

Edited by Bluesteel

Ours just stop going

"That's rubbish Mike Ashley! Here's £30 to register my displeasure!". 

You come out with some crackers Nannan but this one is arguably the greatest!

We're not under performing, we're just not very good. If anything, we were over performing at the start.

We won't be getting back into the top half again this season.

This. Nuhiu was hitting the back of the net at the start of the season, unlike last season where it looked as though he didn't know where the net was. Now he's back to last seasons form so maybe that's the norm for him. Coke usually has about 6 good games a season. This season they all came at the start when he was arguably our best player, then he drifted back into invisible man mode.