Identifying the problem

Well said. As others have posted, the impact of Hutchinson absence is hard to overstate. MASSIVE. He's a quality midfielder and Wednesday were right to take a gamble. 

p.s. you're right about Nuhiu, but what is a cow's arris? Is this one of those terms from the rural backwaters of Oughtibridge or Worrall?

Harris or 'arris as we would say it ooop north is another word for arse.

Now that we have Drenthe on one wing and possibly Helan on the other I would give Maguire a chance in the middle. We could conceivably play him and May up front, not good at holding he ball up but would encourage us to play on the floor and both are tricky types who could play well together?

Now that we have Drenthe on one wing and possibly Helan on the other I would give Maguire a chance in the middle. We could conceivably play him and May up front, not good at holding he ball up but would encourage us to play on the floor and both are tricky types who could play well together?

I can see why people might suggest this, but would it really work at this level? Reckon they would be lightweight and ineffectual. May struggles to impose himself on championship defenders and Maguire has never been a success when played up front.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Drenthe Mcgugan Semedo Lee in midfield Nuhiu and May up front. rest Maguire rest Mahagoma rest Coke,  Lee and Drenthe wide roles, Mcgugan through middle Semedo as defensive midfield..  If it's not working bring Maguire on for May in a striker role NOT midfield or wide. Nuhiu has to stay on to make ball stick up front.

COME ON LETS GO FOR EM....

Edited by Johnbloodaxe

At the beginning of the season we were playing 451 with Nuhiu on his own up front. Once May came in Gray decided to fit both him and Nuhiu into the team and we started playing 442 and the results started to slide. Also the injury to Hutchinson has had an impact as he is clearly class. I don't think we have the midfielders to play a two at the moment unless Lee finds some form or Hutchinson comes back. The problem is do you play Nuhiu who is the best we have at holding the ball up and bringing others into the game but couldn't hit a cow's arris with a banjo or do you play May who is lightweight, relies on through balls and intelligent players around him which we don't seem to have? Me? I'd play 4-1-3-2 with Semodo in the anchor role, three attacking midfielders/ wingers (Drenthe, Helan, Maguire, Maghoma, Stobbs, Lavery, McGugan take your pick) and both forwards. I would also give Maguire a run up front.

What a load of cr4p.  It all went wrong after Man City when nice bloke Gray decided we would only play 2

men in the opposition half.