Chris O'Grady

I loved him here and thought he did a great job for us.

But it was a very specific job. It wasn't one that everybody understood or recognised and it wasn't one that is easy to just transfer to any other team. He played well for us under a very specific set of conditions under Megson and I don't think there's any surprise whatsoever that he's not replicated that anywhere else since.

Started our first season in the championship under Jones on fire before he was bizarrely frozen out. Did a pretty decent job for Barnsley after that, first on loan before signing permanently. I think he'll do well at S2 unfortunately.

Id wish him luck if it wasn't United. But can't fault him for going there. He's obviously been around this area for a while and he'll no doubt be the main man their and a good player, maybe not the out and out goalscorer they think they've got.

O'Grady when he left at the time I sort of thought it was for the best and would have given us the chance to freshen our squad up but with hindsight he's a lot better of a striker than we have at our disposal now, definitely a better player than Atdhe.

League 1 standard player.

Always has been, always will be.

That's right........despite scoring 15 goals in a relegated Championship side last season!

Anyone care to name a player currently at our club who looks even looks remotely like doing this?

Edited by OasisOwl72

Don't get the traitor tag...End of the day he is a working man, going where the work is...The work happens to be at SUFC.

In another thread people were rightly slagging off Ricardo Vaz Te for preferring to sit on a bench leeching a wage than come to us and play football...

Yet now COG gets slagged off for doing the opposite?

League 1 standard player.

Always has been, always will be.

I mostly agree with the stuff you post but how can a guy who scored 15 goals in the championship be league one standard? Like others have said, he's a decent player at this level and he'd walk into the starting XI of not just us but a few other teams in this division. Great signing for United, though their fans are probably too moronic to appreciate it.

Struggled to score goals in a Wednesday side that finished on 93 points at that level and were creating chances for fun.

The United side he'll be joining is far inferior to the side we had back then and unless the pigs are also going to sign Ben Marshall and Michail Antonio I really don't see how he'll be the answer to their goal scoring problems.