Good Bye Mr Gray

Option 1 - Sacking Gray costs money, bringing in a new manager will cost money, who in turn will want to bring his own players in which costs more money.

Option 2 - Or we could just keep Gray, which is a hell of a lot cheaper in comparison. 

I sure know what option MM will go for.

Especially when you consider the job gray's done in relation to resources at his disposal.

If it were only about this window, then I could cut him some slack. It isn't though, we didn't do it in the summer, we didn't do it last time the window closed and we've missed out again. That's not acceptable

Can I just add that I am not calling for him to be sacked but he has to take some blame for not recruiting a striker

Being lined up for a fall, which then gives Milan an excuse to sack him.

Money has never been a consideration to Milan in the past when it comes to firing a manager.

yep but that was 2-3 years ago. Things have changed.  I think MM is doing just enough to keep us ticking over. 

Can't see any major upheavals if I'm honest.

Eventually, Milan will stumble upon the manager who can work miracles with a limited budget.

It is clear that's the road we're heading down. Gray can't do that, although he showed initial promise. We're now looking for another Paul Sturrock type.

Clear as day.

Being lined up for a fall, which then gives Milan an excuse to sack him.

Money has never been a consideration to Milan in the past when it comes to firing a manager.

Hiring and firing is all he's good at. Thinks he's the new Alan Sugar but without the money and showbiz.

Perhaps he should wake up and start backing one of his managers for a change and helping to make his investment more attractive to potential buyers or investors, 

because the way he's operating he's making us less attractive on top of his high price tag.

Eventually, Milan will stumble upon the manager who can work miracles with a limited budget.

It is clear that's the road we're heading down. Gray can't do that, although he showed initial promise. We're now looking for another Paul Sturrock type.

Clear as day.

There are no miracles. Just Wickham and Fryatt or Antonio, loanees to cover up the shambles of our player recruitment and the mess of our unbalanced squad at this level.

But the way things are going, even loanees like those won't save us in the new year because we are leaving ourselves too much to do each season.

Rather than calling for Gray to go we should be hoping that someone comes in bloody soon who can and will give us that extra push. Clearly Milan can't or won't. Until that changes it's round and round we go.

Not much chance of that, we are becoming less attractive whilst MM fannies about operating on the cheap instead of making us a decent attractive proposition for any potential buyers or investors.

There are no miracles. Just Wickham and Fryatt or Antonio, loanees to cover up the shambles of our player recruitment and the mess of our unbalanced squad at this level.

But the way things are going, even loanees like those won't save us in the new year because we are leaving ourselves too much to do each season.

Can't say I agree with the direction we're taking.

Unless it's not a worry because something else is hapening in the background.

Ps - Is Arthur here yet? He keeps following me about. My attraction as a pub bore seems to fascinate him.

Clear as day.

The more miracles they perform, the more old Milan takes the proverbial

Can't say I agree with the direction we're taking.

Unless it's not a worry because something else is hapening in the background.

Ps - Is Arthur here yet? He keeps following me about. My attraction as a pub bore seems to fascinate him.

The only thing happening in the background, is more chancers, tyre kickers, dodgy crooks and vultures hanging about for freebies and publicity.

Just to take attention away from our current owner, his loans he's taken out and the increasing debt we owe to him. And to fool us into thinking we're being taken over just to sell season tickets.

Just like all the talk of going for it, getting a DOF and a 20-goal a season striker, etc which all turns out to be nothing but hot air.

Anybody else think that mammadov is still in the background why Milan is being tight with the purse strings.

Nope and if he is I'd be seriously worried. Ask yourself why does MM associate with crooks and dodgy characters like Sammy Yu and Hafiz Mammadov?

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

I was surprised he even went for Gray in the first place. He made it very clear he was looking for a big character I think he described them as "a winner".

I thought we were definitely going to end up with a Warnock/Evans manager. Yet we settled for a yes man, dr boring, mr Gray.

Why would we fire Stuart gray? He's done a better job than demolition Dave and we have a good platform to build on. Best defence and goalie in the league. New loan signing who will help getting up to fitness. Drenthe finding his legs and Stevie May about to break out.

Cheer up you miserable gits.

I was surprised he even went for Gray in the first place. He made it very clear he was looking for a big character I think he described them as "a winner".

I thought we were definitely going to end up with a Warnock/Evans manager. Yet we settled for a yes man, dr boring, mr Gray.

I was surprised he went for Gray to but he won me over, he won some of the fans over and he earned the job.

Sadly, Gray was just a cheap option, stop-gap and the fall guy, whilst MM tried to flog us off to any dodgy crook who showed an interest.

It could've and still could be so different, if he only backed one of his managers at this level in order to make us more attractive to potential buyers and investors.