Do you still look forward to home games ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Used to love the 200 mile round trip, looked forward all week to going, having a couple of pre-match pints with mates, getting pork sarnies from Beres, enjoying the football.

But Milan Mandaric has killed off all enthusasm I once had with his failure to push us on. I take part in fishing matches now. Can't see me being attracted back until we show some ambition. Don't see why I should pay nearly £100 for each match day trip to watch a team going nowhere fast.

Happy meantime to restrict my viewing to the TV, internet streams, and away games. Well done Milan.

Yes of course I am still looking forward to Saturdays game.

Meet friends for a drink and watch Wednesday play, can not think where I would rather be.

This.

Not just about the football for me. No matter how we've been playing, I still wake up on a Saturday with that match day feeling, even though I know in the back of my mind there's more chance of a nosh off Megan Fox than even seeing a goal these days.

Probably will be the same on Saturday. Can't wait.

For me....it's bit the team that is makin me feel downhearted.....it's the refs we get every week. They are shocking and they're ruining my weekends! I've lost count if the number of bad decisions, ie. goals against us that shouldn't have been allowed, penalties for us not given!!

It's the refs robbing me of my money....not Wednesday!! That Maguire penalty at the weekend that wasn't given really wound me up!!

We live in the hope.

We go to that stadium with the hope in our hearts that our fathers and grandfathers had.

It's not about the Champions League and their razzmatazz slo motion trailers.

It's not about the glib clichés of Soccer AM and Soccer Saturday.

It is real football.

It  is our football.

Our Wednesday. Sheffield Wednesday.

There are good times and there are bad times that is the real game, it's not all silver and gold and montages.

While ever a heart beats in my chest it will get a thrill when the first glimpse of that stadium becomes visible on a match day