For all you wrist slashers

stick with em for a few more years mate and you will be its the only way to cope with being a wednesdayite .......my ambition of seeing them being a major force disappeared about 35 years ago, had a false dawn in the early 90s but that was soon nipped in the bud .

I've done 36 years already. When does the clapping start ?

lol

It all boils down to money and the only realistic way we are going to get some serious money to invest in the 1st team is by selling Westwood, it's as simple as that.

There is no one out there who is serious about buying us or investing in us,end of that story.

Compared to 4 years ago we have moved on, we have a good academy now, we have a scouting system in place and I believe that the training ground has been improved, all long term positives, growing the club from the bottom up.

Yes there are areas that need attending to,  the corporation side of the business and of course the 1st team, but I really believe we building a good young squad of players that want to be here.

It all boils down to money and the only realistic way we are going to get some serious money to invest in the 1st team is by selling Westwood, it's as simple as that.

There is no one out there who is serious about buying us or investing in us,end of that story.

Compared to 4 years ago we have moved on, we have a good academy now, we have a scouting system in place and I believe that the training ground has been improved, all long term positives, growing the club from the bottom up.

Yes there are areas that need attending to,  the corporation side of the business and of course the 1st team, but I really believe we building a good young squad of players that want to be here.

So everything's great apart from the business and the little matter of the team...laughable

I've done 36 years already. When does the clapping start ?

lol

well you should know better then ..........just finished the harry catterick book and he laments about the small time mentality of the club when he was there and its never changed since and probably never will .banging on  moaning changes nothing so you may as well just except it and try to find what positives you  can .

If you think selling Westwood will see a spending spree , im sorry , but you are either drunk or deluded . The vast majority of any transfer money for Westwood would end up straight in the tight old gits back pocket , with Gray given a few scraps of a couple of cheapo loans. 

well you should know better then ..........just finished the harry catterick book and he laments about the small time mentality of the club when he was there and its never changed since and probably never will .banging on  moaning changes nothing so you may as well just except it and try to find what positives you  can .

No chance. The day I accept failure and mediocrity is the day I'll give up.

While I have breath in me, I'll always challenge my club to do better.

We're 13th because of that decent run prior to the City game & a ridiculous amount of draws which, however boring, still picks a point up.

But we can't draw every game 0-0...

Yeah but we're still 13th?!

I think deep down we all know the only thing that will change matters is investment. Right now we're doing about as well as expected.

Yeah but we're still 13th?!

I think deep down we all know the only thing that will change matters is investment. Right now we're doing about as well as expected.

This.

We are just plateauing.

Our meagre resources are catching up with us again.

MM needs to realise that we aren't getting a buyer anytime soon.

He needs to make us look more attractive. To do that we need to be in better form, we need to compete.

To do that he needs to spend a bit.

If he doesn't want to speculate to accumulate he needs to lower his valuation of us. 

. I don't mind losing, I really don't. What I hate is losing and seeing no change in how we play. 

You're not losing though, granted it maybe dire but a point is a point they all count in the end.

i thought throw some money at would be one of the straight forward tweaks ......

we have 3 players on loan aged 26 ,27, 33 how that can that be justified as panic buying OAP´s  i´m not quite sure .

since gray took over ignoring the sticky plaster loan signings he as to make ....he,s signed lees, westwood( both brilliant) hutch who would be if he could stay fit but he cant so you could put him down as fail and stevie may and the jury is still out on him .again it dont smack of panic buying to me .

Thing is with Milan Mandaric and this is personal opinion. He's a man whose in love with owning football clubs, but, perhaps circumstances change and he's now unable to invest like he did at pompey. The criticisms posted here, sounds virtually identical to Leicester fans just before he left there. You're always gonna be harder sell due to location. Not a dig, our owner wanted rid of us 09/10 the right buyer couldn't be found. That's the crux of the matter. The tyre kicker owners are ten-a-penny. Summer showed you that When the right deal for both Milan Mandaric and Sheffield Wednesday comes he'll sell 

You sure?

Peterborough and 5 others weren't in the league last year.

Fail!

Hahahahaha!!!! What a tailface!

I put the dates in on the website. I was in a rush to get off the bottom and out the door, so only looked at our position. I had no interest in seeing who was in the lwague with us!

No chance. The day I accept failure and mediocrity is the day I'll give up.

While I have breath in me, I'll always challenge my club to do better.

admirable sentiments and good luck because they wont listen they never have .everytime this club in my lifetime as been in a position to push on they bottle it thru lack of ambition from selling kay ,not backing /catterick/brown/wilko 2 of whom i´m sure you know won the league 2 years after leaving us .letting things slip in the mid 90s after being one of the best teams in the country ,even not cashing in on the goodwill&feeling after the wycombe game .....its been an age old problem fans with high ambitions supporting a club who could have failure & mediocrity embroided under there badge .

Guest Gershwin

Don't think anyone is a clapper mate, no one is happy with our current run and form. 

I've said before we are stagnating, going no where unless a miraculous play off run comes out of no where.

Stagnation = boredom = poorer attendances and general apathy. 

But, the key point when judging manager / team performances is where are we in the league, we're 13th, which for our players / resources is about right, so what do we do? Sack a manager to make it interesting, hope we get a relegation battle to make it interesting? Hope we get relegated so we win more and get memories like cardiff and mind the gap?

Truth is there's nothing we can do which is the hardest part. Folk are just looking to peg the blame on Gray and Mandaric to give the sense of sacking him being the answer. If the run continues, then yeah worth discussing but right now he absolutely does not deserve the sack.

We're 13th because of that decent run prior to the City game & a ridiculous amount of draws which, however boring, still picks a point up.

But we can't draw every game 0-0...

Spot on.....and we were very unlucky not to win at Huddersfield.

And, whatever nonsense peddled by the Gray-out brigade, Wednesday weren't boring on Saturday.

If in the last two games against Rotherham and Huddersfield we had been given both penalties we would be having people on here saying that the playoffs are back on again.

It's such fine margins at the moment where in the early part of the season we were getting 1-0 wins for some reason our luck in front of goal is out.

If in the last two games against Rotherham and Huddersfield we had been given both penalties we would be having people on here saying that the playoffs are back on again.

It's such fine margins at the moment where in the early part of the season we were getting 1-0 wins for some reason our luck in front of goal is out.

Nowt to do with luck, not having good enough strikers is the problem.

This.

We are just plateauing.

Our meagre resources are catching up with us again.

Exactly. ^

Its deja-vu time and reality time again, the same as every season at this level under MM. We've been punching above our weight and over-achieving for brief spells at this level. Sacking Gray would be pointless because whoever manages us would have the same squad and budget to work with. We all want our club we support to do its best, score and win games, we live and die in hope of seeing better days. The reality is its getting harder and harder to compete in modern football even at this level with richer clubs with better squads or with parachute payments or big player sales.

Till we get investment and/or big player sales, we are continously going to be stuck in the same cycle of good runs and bad runs, aided by loanees and whoever is in charge of the team faces the same problems and will be the fall guy. Sacking manager after manager isn't the answer. We need investment and/or better player recruitment and a change of philosophy. Briefly Sturrock; Laws, Megson, DJ and Gray have reminded us of better times and what this club as the potential to do but reality sets in and its the managers who get the blame and lose their jobs. With or without investment this club needs a new approach and fresh ideas on and off the pitch, we need something to believe in and to get behind, like the brief hope some of our last few managers and the current one gave us, when it seemed we were all pulling together in the same direction. Team spirit, philosophy and belief can be as important as investment and player recruitment. I feel sorry for Gray because he won us all over, he earned the job and earned the belief and respect of the man who appointed him, the players and fans. But from day one when he got the job, he's been fighting blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back, reliant on loanees and freebies, to patch up a unbalanced poor squad at this level with one of the lowest budgets at this level.