If you had zero budget

I'd go....

..................................Westwood

.................Buxton........Lees.........Loovens

..............................Lee.......Nuhiu

Maguire......McGugan.....May......Drenthe...........Helan.

....and then shout in a screechy high pitched voice, GET AT EM!!!

sorted......we might not win many, but would have a far better chance of scoring an elusive goal.

edit....scrap that, with Nuhiu being such a decent 'holding it up' player he needs to be in the middle.

Edited by Weshallovercome

Paul are you available to fill the coach vacancy I think we need?

Ha ha ha. Those points just stand out all the time.If we addressed half of them we'd improve no end. I fail to see how the management and staff can't see it. Giving the ball away so cheaply is one of our biggest failures and puts us under so much pressure as a result.

A night out on the moors with Whitworths sheep , followed by returning to Hillsborough and giving the West a "Lick o paint"...across the pitch...(obviously with a guide to take the midfield lads across the halfway line to prove there actually are no landmines)..then wide of the goalposts..they know all about that...and up the Kop steps ala Meggo....

I would then sit them down, play a Tuba badly but loudly in their ears, an' make 'em eat a cold pie while drinking a warm bottle of lager...as part of the Wednesday fans experience...

I would then bring 11 clowns out onto the field..capering in big feet ..fallin' over and stuff...

We lack goals from defenders which we've had in the past.

But in my team the front 4 players should all have goals in them.The width comes from palmer and helan.

Might not be good enough but this is working on a zero budget.

Whichever way we jiggle things its going to be tough without new players.

Edited by Eightace

Go back to how we started, Nuhiu up front on his own, and a five man midfield dictating play Simples, don't know why we changed it

Where have you got this idea that we played Nuhiu up front on his own and 5 in midfield? Other than the Brighton game, every game through our good run at the start of the season, featured May and Nuhiu as a pairing.

The first thing I would do is put two men (the corner-taker and one that isn't that good in the air) around the ball everytime we take a corner. This would mean at least two (possibly three) opposition players would have to go out towards the corner to cover. which, in turn, means two less opposition players defending (probably the posts) or up the field for the quick ball out. 

Simply, if just one player takes the corner then no opposition player needs to come out of the penalty area to cover but if two players stand over the ball at a corner then at least two defenders have to come out of the box to cover.  Its so simple, we commit one more player and lose him out of the set play to force the opposition to commit two and lose them. 

Thank you.  Where's my prize? 

Ha ha ha. Those points just stand out all the time.If we addressed half of them we'd improve no end. I fail to see how the management and staff can't see it. Giving the ball away so cheaply is one of our biggest failures and puts us under so much pressure as a result.

It made relative sense until you stated "spot May's runs". Firstly, May's runs are a bit of a myth and secondly, if a player took his time to spot these mystical runs he'd probably get smashed by his opposite number. 

Edited by shandypants

I would sell Westwood as we have Kirlkland as replacement. Then use money for a midfielder and a forward.

flip that, we were supposed to get them anyway. If we ain't gonna buy them, let's borrow them, but no more selling the family silver. We already tried that once and look what happened

Selling Westwood is not the answer, he is a level above even Kirkland ( who has absolutely no command of his box or back 4).

If/When Westwood goes it will affect us defensively in a massive way, we struggle to score 1 goal to win a game, with Kirkland in the net its more likely we would have to score twice to take 3 points.