We could be competing for promotion....

He isn't up for it and we just have to live with it, he wants rid and we can't do much until he does,

He needs to drop his asking price, 40 mil is not happening.

We don't have to live with it but we probably will because of the never-ending but fvcckking frustrating gratitude that a lot of fans feel towards MM for buying our club when we were in poo poo street. We can't thank him forever. He needs to step up at some point.

I agree about the asking price.

Edited by shandypants

...if MIlan changed his budgeting philosophy. Our defence is sound. Imagine where we could be if MIlan loosened the purse string and bought four decent midfielders and two decent forwards

How much do 6 decent championship players cost?

How much does ONE proven championship striker cost?

Guest Sheff Owl

When we was riding high if we had acted then i wonder how many of these players that have turned us down recently would have jumped at the chance to sign for us?

It does strike me that any chance to save a bit of money and we do it, things going well so no need to spend is an easy get out, yet when things go south and you panic for a month here and there how much do you spend?

Every summer our house is never in order, no wonder we end up struggling.

If we spent £10 million we would be far from certain to win promotion.Looking round the championship today the player's sat on other team's benches we could make two sides with.

Possibly true, but as I said, Brentford have fashioned a useful side on next to nothing.

Possibly true, but as I said, Brentford have fashioned a useful side on next to nothing.

Next to nothing on the outside

Look how much they have spent overall and for them its a Kings Ransom

They are the kind of exception that everybody loves to point to and say " why arent we doing what they're doing"

They won't get promoted and then what?

For them - nothing changes - but for a club that has invested heavily?!?!?

Edited by scram

I wouldn't be surprised if we sell Westwood in January for a considerable sum and spend nothing.

I would. I think we will keep him but sign bugger all. Milan probably realises keeping westwood will save him a fortune by keeping us up without buying anyone to score goals.

All I know is we are in limbo, and it's boring as f**k

Next to nothing on the outside

Look how much they have spent overall and for them its a Kings Ransom

They are the kind of exception that everybody loves to point to and say " why arent we doing what they're doing"

They won't get promoted and then what?

For them - nothing changes - but for a club that has invested heavily?!?!?

That's the sort of investment I had in mind Enough spent to enable you to think that if you performed to the height of your abilities, you had a chance of mounting a challenge

To have 2 TOP championship keepers is ridiculous

If Westwood is worth a packet then sell him - put in our goal his extremely capable understudy and spend the money on somebody who can make a difference in an attacking sense

Do you really think the money will go back in the squad though?

If so I'd be happy but I'd just see it as a loss to the squad and wouldn't hold my breath for a sttiker to cone in or a midfielder.

That's the sort of investment I had in mind Enough spent to enable you to think that if you performed to the height of your abilities, you had a chance of mounting a challenge

But their investment hasn't been in frontline first team players

Its been largely behind the scenes - and much of that credit goes to Mark Warburton - who is now (latterly) their manager

They are riding the peak of a wave - be interesting to see how they deal with it when hit the trough

To have 2 TOP championship keepers is ridiculous

If Westwood is worth a packet then sell him - put in our goal his extremely capable understudy and spend the money on somebody who can make a difference in an attacking sense

That won't happen. I am so fvcckked off at the moment I don't think I have ever felt so indifferent towards the club. Mandaric has zero ambition.