Mike Dean...

Arsenal v Man U. Wilshere shoves his head into Fellani's face, under 

Dean's nose. No action, not even a yellow. "Don't look at me," says Mr Dean.

SWFC v Bournemouth. Drenthe yellow-carded for reckless tackle and

then sent off by Mike Dean for tackling a player from the side and making

the slightest of contact with the Bournemouth man after winning the ball.

At Hillsborough it was all about Mike 'look at me' Dean in a game with

minimal malice or intent. Hardly blood and thunder was it?

Well done Mike. Top ref. lol

But he is right isn't he (the op). The standard in refs the last 15 years has been abysmal. When was the last time any of you can remember when we got a decision that we can turn around and say that it should not have been given?

The last one I can remember is possibly the one against Barnsley at Hillsborough with the handball? I think it was against them, a long time ago.

How many have we had go against us this season? Loads.......

Guest Sheff Owl

Between the Referees, The FA, FIFA and whoever else...they are ruining football.

Bookings for lifting a shirt, taking it off or even celebrating with your own fans yet numerous other important issue continue to be a complete mess.

Arsenal v Man U. Wilshere shoves his head into Fellani's face, under 

Dean's nose. No action, not even a yellow. "Don't look at me," says Mr Dean.

SWFC v Bournemouth. Drenthe yellow-carded for reckless tackle and

then sent off by Mike Dean for tackling a player from the side and making

the slightest of contact with the Bournemouth man after winning the ball.

At Hillsborough it was all about Mike 'look at me' Dean in a game with

minimal malice or intent. Hardly blood and thunder was it?

Well done Mike. Top ref. lol

Nice bit of Sarcastic Humour there. lol

Guest The Horse

Between the Referees, The FA, FIFA and whoever else...they are ruining football.

Bookings for lifting a shirt, taking it off or even celebrating with your own fans yet numerous other important issue continue to be a complete mess.

You know, I can't honestly remember why a player celebrating a goal by taking his shirt off is a yellow card offense?

Why did that come about? Anyone care to refresh my memory?

To do what Wilshire did yesterday without sanction is ridiculous though. All these jumped up little twats thrusting their face into an opponent is probably an even more aggressive action than laying a hand on someone's face. Benteke was sent off for pushing away a similar attack from a Tottenham player, again who wasn't even booked. It's hugely provocative, and I know how I'd react if someone did it to me.

Edited by gurujuan

But he is right isn't he (the op). The standard in refs the last 15 years has been abysmal. When was the last time any of you can remember when we got a decision that we can turn around and say that it should not have been given?

The last one I can remember is possibly the one against Barnsley at Hillsborough with the handball? I think it was against them, a long time ago.

Remember being given a penalty at the KC after burton handballed it and ref gave it as a mills handball, but as you say it's been a while Edited by jordyowl

You know, I can't honestly remember why a player celebrating a goal by taking his shirt off is a yellow card offense?

Because they often do it to reveal politically motivated messages underneath......which can be subjective as to the offence caused so it was easier just to say its a yellow card for doing it irrespective of what's underneath

And forget the head in the chest incident...Valencia's throw ins were a disgrace, how he got away with them I'll never know

The point a shirt sponsor is most likely to be getting coverage, eg. Close ups in tv and/or pictures in the papers, is when a player is celebrating a goal, take your shirt off and your taking away that advertisement

And we still missed the bleeding penalty

I really think referees should have to conduct post-match interviews in the same way that players and managers do. Ask Mike Dean why he didn't send Wilshere off and his answer would either help the fans to understand how he saw and interpreted the incident without the benefit of TV replays or serve to expose his failings, hopefully leading to pressure to improve his performances in the long run. The way that referees' decisions are shrouded in mystery, from the paying fans' point of view at least, is a big part of the problem and fosters resentment.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Guest Sheff Owl

You would have the right to think that some referees have an agenda when going to certain grounds/referring certain teams.

Many decisions over a weekend are so far apart it's unbelievable, they are all meant to be signing from same book, given the same directives yet one gives a yellow for a blatant push and at another game the same instance is waved on - that can't be right surely?

What exactly do the assessors do? You hear that they are supposed to mark down performances of referees yet you never hear of anything happening even after a blatant mistake or error - it's just continue, as you were.

You could go round every single Championship ground and speak to fans and they would probably all say the same suspects that are beyond a joke - 

Andy D'urso, Trevor Kettle, Neil Swarbrick, Darren Deadman, Graham Sailsbury.

Referees won't explain decisions or the people above won't let them explain because it will be seen as people having a go at them and they will probably end up striking or something, it's pathetic really.

Refereeing is getting worse and it doesn't look like getting better anytime soon and people are paying good money to see their team shafted most weeks by these frigging useless tw*ts.

Guess who the ref was who gave us that soft pen against Barnsley...

He's obviously had the book thrown at him for breaking the rule that says you don't give penalties to Sheffield Wednesday and has been trying to make up for it every time he's reffed us since.