Maguire does himself no favours...

It's so painfully obvious loads of people have never played football on here before.

Professional footballers now are taught how to protect themselves from tackles to avoid injuries.

You see so many horrible injuries from tackles where peoples feet are planted in the ground.

Footballers often jump or fall theatrically for this very reason. To protect themselves.

For the record, it was a clear penalty. all day every day. Irrelevant where the ball ended up or whether he fell theatrically, he was fouled. It was a penalty.

I agree with that Jon.

Players often jump to try to avoid contact and more importantly not to get injured if you leave the trailing leg behind. 

Absolutely right.

A player is not "entitled to go down" just because there's some contact from another player.

A player should only be on the floor if they can no longer stand up because they've been chopped down or lost their balance and tipped over. Anything else is cheating.

Bang on the money.

I suggest watching old George Best videos, see how he used to ride tackles, get up straight away if he could, stumble through 4 & 5 clumsy challenges & never ever go down unless he was brought down...this entitled to go down crap does my head in.

Modern footballers need to be re-educated on what's fair & what isn't, watching Georgie boy would be a good starting point.

I agree with that Jon.

Players often jump to try to avoid contact and more importantly not to get injured if you leave the trailing leg behind. 

It's one thing to ride a tackle & another to dive to gain an advantage, you can 'jump' without falling down like a fairy.

Guest JonTheOwl66

It's one thing to ride a tackle & another to dive to gain an advantage, you can 'jump' without falling down like a fairy.

Not always.