Maguire does himself no favours...

The way he goes down and appeals; so therateical.

It was a penalty, but the way the lad throw himself about always gives the ref that other option.

You see this in ever league from all types of players. If there's contact they are entitled to go down. I'd like to hear why the ref didn't give it because he's been caught!

You see this in ever league from all types of players. If there's contact they are entitled to go down. I'd like to hear why the ref didn't give it because he's been caught!

Just go down then - Maguire's problem is he seems to go overboard everytime someone makes contact with him.

Edited by owlZfan84

Guest Sheff Owl

He has history of doing it.

Was the same at Burnley in the cup and was booked for simulation, seems to want to throw is hands up and chest out everytime, touched or not.

Catch 22 isn't it. Some people say we are too soft yet moan when we "look" for something?

Granted he was looking for the penalty and it WAS a penalty but didn't look pretty. The ref was garbage again. At some point our luck with refs may turn as so far this season we have not had anything go our way.

But Maguire does seem to be the worst culprit and a decent manager would be having a word as it happens a lot!

The worst phrase in football.

"Entitled to go down"

You're either fouled or you're not. It's phrases like this that encourage diving. It's becoming accepted and it's 5h1t.

Football is a contact sport.

Edited by archieswfc

The way he went down was totally unnatural that's probably what made the refs mind up.Thing is it was a penalty had he been less theatrical it could have been given,do you not think refs talk to each other about players that are likely to take a dive.

The worst phrase in football.

"Entitled to go down"

You're either fouled or you're not. It's phrases like this that encourage diving. It's becoming accepted and it's 5h1t.

Football is a contact sport.

Absolutely right.

A player is not "entitled to go down" just because there's some contact from another player.

A player should only be on the floor if they can no longer stand up because they've been chopped down or lost their balance and tipped over. Anything else is cheating.

Edited by Loxley Owl

Absolutely right.

A player is not "entitled to go down" just because there's some contact from another player.

A player should only be on the floor if they can no longer stand up because they've been chopped down or lost their balance and tipped over. Anything else is cheating.

i agree with this post 100% in principal, 

it should be the way and i wish it was, but sadly football has already changed, whether we like it or not - and i dont,

but when the pundits use the term 'entitled to go down' they use it because its sadly the way the refs ref the game!

in the prem certainly, and its poo init..

Absolutely right.

Spot on.

It looked like a pen at first and most refs would have given it. But maguire was going down before he even touched him. Starting to get fed up with Maguires diving. He got what he deserves unfortunately for us.

Personally I see nothing wrong with drawing the foul. CM is quite a clever footballer, but I have to agree with other posts that he's doing us no favours by going down so theatrically.

I think it was a penalty yesterday. The reaction of theHuddersfield defender was of a player who knew he'd made contact. Also I can't recall the Huddersfield players berating CM, which would have been the normal chain if events if he'd blatantly dived. Lastly Chris Powells post match interview suggested he felt that they had got away with the decision.

I just think CM needs to 'take' the foul in the same way he would outside the box. All the theatrics are costing us these decisions and the refs will know about his reputation by now.

Absolutely right.

Absolutely right Loxley.........It should have been given, but he is known for diving. Crying shame really cos there have been occasions when he would have been better off staying on his feet. The old saying about "crying wolf" springs to mind.

Absolutely right.

Asolutely spot on.  Look at the way May jumped back up after being pole-axed by thier keeper, that's what proper players do.  Sad thing is it did May no good and was booked two minutes later for a nowt challengs.