May's yellow card

I think May got booked because there was an earlier collision between him and the goalkeeper. That one was a 50/50 ball they both had to go for  and May pulled back a bit before the contact but still hit the goalie.

The second one was also a ball May had every right to go for. The ref bottled it.

Again more strange /inconsistent refereeing.

First two yeah may got stuck in but a keeper and forward both had rights to go for it. Third one murphy made the move toward May and May was more hesitant. But because the keeper kicked off the ref played up to it as he did on other things.

Edited by Bluesteel

The Huddersfield players bullied the referee into booking May.

I don't recall May doing anything which warranted getting a booking.

Meanwhile Grant Holt is allowed to kick the opposition (twice) and get away with it.

3 times mate. Once on semedo, and twice on Lees

Mentioned it in the matchday thread.

We don't give any verbals back though. We just roll over and have our bellies rubbed.

May was surrounded by 3 Huddersfield players who were making him out as the aggressor. But no Wednesday players stepped in to help out. Even something as simple as pulling him away from them.

Even when he was booked our players only complained as the ref was passing them. Huddersfield would've been on top of him the minute he blew up if it had been Holt.n

It's not what you want to see but it's playing the game. Having that power over a ref helps massively to stop decisions like the penalty going against you.

Guest Sheff Owl

May was surrounded by 3 Huddersfield players who were making him out as the aggressor. But no Wednesday players stepped in to help out. Even something as simple as pulling him away from them.

Yep i thought that at the time, May was getting verbals from a few of players and yet no one Wednesday player came in and stuck up for May.

I have said it all season we are so nice, everything we do is nicey, nicey.

We don't appeal for things, we wait for teams to get back before attacking, sometimes i just wish we would find a back bone from somewhere and become nasty if/when needed.

The Murphy on May collision was a pen imo he followed through on May how the officials decided it was a foul by May mystified me at the game and having watched it on telly im even more mystified.

Mays booking was a joke the Hudds defender had a huge handful of his shirt it was barely a foul by May but as ever the useless ref used the non existent "foul" by Stevie on Murphy as justification to book him, makes the inability to challenge yellow cards even more ridiculous than i thought 

Mentioned it in the matchday thread.

We don't give any verbals back though. We just roll over and have our bellies rubbed.

Even when he was booked our players only complained as the ref was passing them. Huddersfield would've been on top of him the minute he blew up if it had been Holt.n

It's not what you want to see but it's playing the game. Having that power over a ref helps massively to stop decisions like the penalty going against you.

I have to agree with this unless may isn't liked  I cant understand why we weren't piling in to emphasise the fact the the keeper did May not the other way around plus his shirt was clearly being pulled off and he got booked  the referee needs to sit down watch that and take a holiday because he was played big time