10 league games without a win

Guest Sheff Owl

I refer to what i just wrote in another thread

Gray has to change something if he wants to keep his job. 

I mean defensively we are great but attacking we are rubbish, everything we do is geared towards keeping them out, making sure the least you leave with is a point.

I mean set pieces in general are awful, yes Drenthe put in a few decent corners but i never felt we would score from them because we are so flat footed and those bloody standing jumps - ATTACK THE BALL WITH DESIRE!!

There needs to be a light bulb moment to get over this blip, remember when Dave Jones brought in Prutton and Coke and it transformed us, we need something like that again.

Our first thought is defending and maybe we have to look at that and loosen it a little, it's ok scoring a goal and then trying to hold on (that isn't good enough) we need to be able to kill teams.

Typical idiots response.  There's always someone out there....look at Swansea and Southampton.  Quality striker - not Gary Taylor Fletcher.  I'd rather have Madine back.   We don't need a top manager, just someone who dares to cross the halfway line.  If you think he is doing a decent job then you are dafter than you look.

i´ll ignore the abuse .....so of the  3 questions i asked you cant come up with a name either .its very easy to say we need a top quality striker / manager not quite so easy to get them especially when we have a chairman who wont/is unable to spend big money on the team .

Anyone else remember when we were really struggling under Big Ron and he brought in a couple of gems? Shezza and King I really think we are that close again, I'm just really gutted MM didn't match Forests wages and keep Antonio if he had done we would be top 6

i do jack 2 goals in 11 games with dire football and gates as low as 13k .........he´d have been dog meat with some on here .

Anyone else remember when we were really struggling under Big Ron and he brought in a couple of gems? Shezza and King I really think we are that close again, I'm just really gutted MM didn't match Forests wages and keep Antonio if he had done we would be top 6

Utter Rubbish.

Those players came into a team that already included from memory Pressman,Worthington, Pearson, Shirtliff, Palmer, Hirst and Atkinson. Oh and the manager had slightly better track record as well...How anyone can draw a comparison between then and now is ridiculous.

Utter Rubbish.

Those players came into a team that already included from memory Pressman,Worthington, Pearson, Shirtliff, Palmer, Hirst and Atkinson. Oh and the manager had slightly better track record as well...How anyone can draw a comparison between then and now is ridiculous.

i dont think anyone is saying  you can compare the sides but the situation was the same back then we couldnt score and even with the players you mentioned the football was dire then all of a sudden summat clicked and we got a on a roll playing some of the best football ive seen down at hillsboro .mind we still got relegated which is something i dont think this present lot will suffer .