Only 4 defeats in 18 matches! Outstanding...

Boro have a similar defensive record to us, yet they're near the top because they score a few goals as well.

You don't have to sacrifice goalscoring for a good defence.

as an addition to my thread about a striker coach   It's said:  you should defend from the front - I think you also attack from defence too  more thought than aimless smashes clear might help development further up the field

Boro have a similar defensive record to us, yet they're near the top because they score a few goals as well.

You don't have to sacrifice goalscoring for a good defence.

you dont mate but it does help when you have a chairman who shells some cash .........they sign bamford on loan  and probably whack out a fair sum to do so and we sign who?, a couple of fatties and a misfit from watford .

Interesting stat is that     4 defeats in the last 18 league games.

2nd best defence in the Championship.

Umpteen clean sheets.

3rd or 4th best away record.

And we're not going to be bottom at Xmas for a change.

Yet the natives are curiously restless.

Yours indignantly

A Happy Clapper.

Only lost 4 out of 18.

Outstanding on paper

Dire on the field attack wise

Superb defence, 2nd best in the league.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Only 4 wins in 18 

only 12 league goals , joint lowest scorers with Blackpool 

no win in 11 games in all comps 

1 goal in last 7 games 

how many have we conceded ........everyone said at the start of the season we are a crap relegation fodder side and maybe they are right ..... just maybe gray realised this and tightens things up to survive..... and survive we will .

That's not the vibe that was coming from the manager and players pre season

Edited by Miffed

Davidioso, on 22 Nov 2014 - 5:08 PM, said:

snapback.png

Only lost 4 out of 18.

Outstanding on paper

Dire on the field attack wise

Superb defence, 2nd best in the league.

KEEP THE FAITH!

Only 4 wins in 18 

only 12 league goals , joint lowest scorers with Blackpool 

no win in 11 games in all comps 

1 goal in last 7 games 

Very true, just trying to put a positive spin on a pretty uninspiring season.

If I highlighted the negatives I would in all likelihood lose the will to live!

Interesting to look closer at that. For our first ten games in all competitions our record reads

W6 D3 L1 F12 A4 and our second ten games W0 D6 L4 F4 A17 What went wrong, it's not as if we suddenly lost a whole load of players. Our form was good, with only the unlucky defeat against Forest, interrupting a run of impressive results.

The only obvious factor was our mauling at the hands of Manchester City, since that thrashing we haven't won a single game. Is it possible, as many of us said at the time, that, that result had more bearing on subsequent performances than some think? I'm sure there are other factors but our problems seem to stem from that one match.

Don't get how you would ever want us to lose.

I don't. I want us to win. But if not drawing means going for games we will obviously lose some games. My point being our 10 draws this season for example we would have more points wining 4 and losing 6. Hence we would have more points than we have now.

Edited by 1993swfc

I don't. I want us to win. But if not drawing means going for games we will obviously lose some games. My point being our 10 draws this season for example we would have more points wining 4 and losing 6. Hence we would have more points than we have now.

but the table would probably be about the same (or worse) as it would mean 6 other teams have an extra 2 points. 

Interesting to look closer at that. For our first ten games in all competitions our record reads

W6 D3 L1 F12 A4 and our second ten games W0 D6 L4 F4 A17 What went wrong, it's not as if we suddenly lost a whole load of players. Our form was good, with only the unlucky defeat against Forest, interrupting a run of impressive results.

The only obvious factor was our mauling at the hands of Manchester City, since that thrashing we haven't won a single game. Is it possible, as many of us said at the time, that, that result had more bearing on subsequent performances than some think? I'm sure there are other factors but our problems seem to stem from that one match.

I think you have a valid point there.  This run of questionable form seems to have started the game after the Man City mauling. It quite possibly dented the confidence of a few players........and maybe even the manager

Edited by longreach