Loan watch - Madine

Striker misses ONE sitter so he should never play for us again?, using that logic we should go 4-6-0 then.

Wasn't saying that at all. I'm just pointing out that Madine shouldn't be immune from criticism either - the thing with Madine is, since being released he's scored 2 goals for Carlisle in League One, one goal for us in the cup against a League One team, and one more goal on loan at a League One team. See a pattern emerging here? I would have much rather stuck with him than waste money recruiting GTF, but Nuhiu and May have both scored championship goals this season, something Madine hasn't managed. Trev makes a valid point about the number of chances he's had to prove otherwise, but Gray watches him in training every week and clearly deemed him not good enough to start ahead of our existing options. As Sonny says, if we can get money in January for him, it'll be terrific business, but if his contract is up, it'll be goodbye from me.

I can agree with all that CoD ,but then you get Grey saying he played brilliant in one game then dropped him the next hardly fair on the lad tbh and lets be honest none of the strikers have pulled any trees up this season ,but saying that the service has been none existent so could account for a lot of the forward play being shybo ,all I am saying is if madine had a decent crack at it instead of every one writing him off it might have been different or might not , but to say he isn't championship when he has hardly had a run is something we all can only guess at ,last season was a washout for him through his own actions and his fault so should be consigned to history, this year he has none of the pressure and has done well in some of the few games he has played  ,but it's not for me to decide what happens to madine that is for Grey and the club ,but he is still our player even though on loan so gets my support while he is here ,

He needs to see out his loan, hopefully keep scoring and return as a player on form and full of confidence. Also needs to keep his nose clean and avoid gormless Twitter comments. He'll no doubt leave in the summer but hopefully we can get some value from him in the meantime. One thing's for sure, he owes the club and should recognise this.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Its funny really that as soon as a Madine thread pops up its full of angels that have never done anything wrong in life, ahhh bless you all xx

Because people rightly think this kid is a complete knob, waster and bully doesn't mean they think they are angels well except me of course :tongue:

Because people rightly think this kid is a complete knob, waster and bully doesn't mean they think they are angels well except me of course :tongue:

Owlstalk, the only football fans forum in the world where not a single member has had a drunken fight, acted like a nob, been gobby or never done anything whatsoever to be ashamed of.

If alcohol free Carlsberg made footie forums.

Owlstalk, the only football fans forum in the world where not a single member has had a drunken fight, acted like a nob, been gobby or never done anything whatsoever to be ashamed of.

What does it matter what the members of Owlstalk have/haven't done?

Madine acted like a total pr!ck. The courts agreed. He went to prison and we've nearly lost an asset for nothing. Blame him for being a pr!ck not everybody else for not being one.

Madine acted like a total pr!ck. The courts agreed. He went to prison and we've nearly lost an asset for nothing. Blame him for being a pr!ck not everybody else for not being one.

If it doesn't matter what we, the people that are criticising him have done why does it matter what he has done?

If it doesn't matter what we, the people that are criticising him have done why does it matter what he has done?

Well, none of us are contracted to play football for Sheffield Wednesday. Maybe if he hadn't been acting like a pr!ck and spending a considerable amount of his contract in prison then we might have got more out of him.

Well, none of us are contracted to play football for Sheffield Wednesday. Maybe if he hadn't been acting like a pr!ck and spending a considerable amount of his contract in prison then we might have got more out of him.

Sheffield Wednesday as his employer had every opportunity to terminate his employment and they didn't.

Many of us are contracted to an employer and have still done things we regret. When the situation arises not a single people on this planet pauses to consider the implications of their actions, by this i do not just mean lamping someone.

If he was scoring 20 goals a season no one would remember he got pissed and hit someone and the "he's a thug" line of thinking is not an argument for him not being a good enough footballer. If he isn't good enough then he isn't good enough, anything else you care to say about him is irrelevant.

Guest Big Guns

hes not an asset is he if he was hed be in our first team , your more bothered about him getting in bother than his footballing ability arnt you 

I don't think many of us have just punched someone in the face for nothing.

He wasn't even provoked in my eyes, worst things are said on here that result in a neg point than what Madine thought was license to cause bodily harm.

People believe what they want, the idea he was a jack the lad getting in a scrap is a more palatable narrative than what really happened,

He has a history of lamping people with no proof of provocation whatsoever and has committed the exact same type of offence on many occasions. To the point where the legal system deemed he needed to be incarcerated for the public's safety as nothing so far had quelled his habit of fracturing cheek bones and eye sockets, one of which was a Wednesday fan who respected him greatly and did nothing other than look at him.

F#&k Gary Madine.