We're in trouble

Guest JonTheOwl66

Jon The Owl appears to suffer from myopia.  I had my best specs on and saw a pulsating end to end Yorkshire derby.

Even Beagrie the Blade(allegedly) was enthralled.   We hit the post, bar and should have had a pen.  All in all a decent point at a team thats won 3 and drawn one of their last 4 home games.   lol

Guest wilyfox

when we can't score, of course we're in trouble. Draws won't stop us slowly slipping down the table. We need points in threes. Both teams had chances, but once again defences came out on top - we keep saying that.

Reyt. And how many games do we have to have to go without a win before I'm allowed to 'panic'?

Exactly. Its about time some people took the blinkers off.

"Best we've played in ages" yet we didnt win. We didnt score and could have just as easily lost as we could have won. It wasnt like we dominated. Many would say that it was a fair result.

Really disappointed with Magugans performance today but to be fair to the lad he needs a few games.

Not his fault though is it. Tactics inhibited him big time. It's akin to putting Westwood upfront and then saying that he's out of form.

McGugan needs to play further forward. While ever he's next to Semedo he will have to drop deep. He needs to play alongside Lee or Coke.

Semedo needs to be dropped; bring him on when we're 3-0 up and he has value. Whenever we need to attack, he ruins it all and causes all the problems by refusing to move from his zone.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Exactly. Its about time some people took the blinkers off.

"Best we've played in ages" yet we didnt win. We didnt score and could have just as easily lost as we could have won. It wasnt like we dominated. Many would say that it was a fair result.

Yep. The clapping is pitiful. It truly is.

Not his fault though is it. Tactics inhibited him big time. It's akin to putting Westwood upfront and then saying that he's out of form.

McGugan needs to play further forward. While ever he's next to Semedo he will have to drop deep. He needs to play alongside Lee or Coke.

Semedo needs to be dropped; bring him on when we're 3-0 up and he has value. Whenever we need to attack, he ruins it all and causes all the problems by refusing to move from his zone.

Maybe, but it was clear today he was poor whatever he did, playing him in a certain position doesn't make him lose the ball/give the ball away to opp players does it.

He just had a poor game, he will come good I'm sure of it.

This is complete and utter garbage. 

Huddersfield should be ahead, and even if we go on to win this, the performance has been awful.

No attacking threat, midfield is garbage, one or two players who look utterly out of their depth.

Concerning times. We certainly look like a team that is capable of relegation this term.

Pressure is building on Gray. 

Been saying this for a while, you're - points indicate how deluded our fan base are.

A reasonable projection gives up a points total between 45 and 52.

A team that can't score & win games goes down.

We may get draws by having a great defence, but it's a much more dangerous game not being able to score. You draw every game in a season and you go down. You score for fun and you don't.

Scoring for fun cost money and we don't have any, we'll not go down but it aint going to get much better.

My main worry is our home form because I think this is where SG fails, can't pick on him today though because it would be unfair.

Maybe, but it was clear today he was poor whatever he did, playing him in a certain position doesn't make him lose the ball/give the ball away to opp players does it.

He just had a poor game, he will come good I'm sure of it.

I agree that his touch, and sharpness wasn't there today, but the attacking option that he brings was stopped by having Semedo next to him.

As a midfielder you have to work with your partner, you work as a team and move forward together and retreat together. McGugan can't move forward when Semedo won't go past half way.

In the first 20mins semedo did venture forward and McGugan had a bit more licence, but then Semi reverted to type, and that meant that McGugan couldn't go forward without leaving gaps... so he didn't. Semedo needs to be dropped as he is one of the reasons that we will never ever sustain pressure on the opposition. Lee is McGugans natural partner...

I agree that his touch, and sharpness wasn't there today, but the attacking option that he brings was stopped by having Semedo next to him.

As a midfielder you have to work with your partner, you work as a team and move forward together and retreat together. McGugan can't move forward when Semedo won't go past half way.

In the first 20mins semedo did venture forward and McGugan had a bit more licence, but then Semi reverted to type, and that meant that McGugan couldn't go forward without leaving gaps... so he didn't. Semedo needs to be dropped as he is one of the reasons that we will never ever sustain pressure on the opposition. Lee is McGugans natural partner...

I suppose away from home there is good argument to keep Semedo along side Mcgugan but definitely when we're at home we need more in terms of going forward. I agree with what you said, I'd play Lee and Mcgugan and bring Semedo on if we're winning at least 2-0 with 20mins to go just to tighten things up and be solid.

Scoring for fun cost money and we don't have any, we'll not go down but it aint going to get much better.

My main worry is our home form because I think this is where SG fails, can't pick on him today though because it would be unfair.

Scoring for fun is a risk. We have the talent to do it... We don't have the management team to chance it.

Helan, Magoma, McGugan, Macguire, Nuhiu, May, GTF, Drenthe, even Palmer all are attacking players. The inhibiting factor is the defensive zonal (a la Irvine) play that is the priority. This stops any natural creativity. It's like saying to Beethoven; you go and write a brilliant overture mate, but you have to do it in the office between 9 & 5. It doesn't happen. Creative minds need freedom and Gray won't offer that.

I suppose away from home there is good argument to keep Semedo along side Mcgugan but definitely when we're at home we need more in terms of going forward. I agree with what you said, I'd play Lee and Mcgugan and bring Semedo on if we're winning at least 2-0 with 20mins to go just to tighten things up and be solid.

Take Semedo out for home matches and sides will run right through us