westwood

Guest Tricky111

If Westwood goes we are going to struggle Kirkland isn't good enough it's as simple as that, the clean sheets have been down to him not the back 4, can't see us managing to hang on to him and Milan will just pocket the fee.

Lees, Loovens and Mattock have all been solid so far this season.  Possible the only outfield players that have.

If Westwoood was sold, it would be a bit of a blow, and he would need replacing but our defenders should take a share of the credit too.

Wouldnt surprise if he went as First Choice. Mignolet is hardly setting the world alight and the record of our back 5 with Westwood in it is superb.

The back four at Liverpool needs someone in the sticks the breathe abit of confidence into them. Westwood would definitely add that.

Lees, Loovens and Mattock have all been solid so far this season. Possible the only outfield players that have.

If Westwoood was sold, it would be a bit of a blow, and he would need replacing but our defenders should take a share of the credit too.

Lees has been quality, And I've always rated Mattock, Loovens is good experienced centre half and I think Palmer has done well at right back so I'm not knocking any of them, all I'm saying is that we will concede more goals without Westwood, the defence have not stopped opposition strikers getting shots off on goal, the amount of world class saves that Westwood has made to gain the interests of clubs like Liverpool is testament to that.

He's worth as much as a 20 goal striker to us.

Sadly GKs never attract the same value though.

Id be sad to see him go and I do wonder if he is better off playing first team football for a while rather than being on a bench somewhere, but if we got a good price for him then you'd have to say it was good business.

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Didn't he refuse to go sit on Man Citys bench before coming to us?

Hopefully he won't want to sit on Liverpools bench too.

You've not seen Mignolet play have you?

Would be in relegation zone without him this season

despite having several chances a bad penalty call and crossbar post to thank for not scoring    westwood  actually saved that game for us on 3 occassions

Unless we get quick investment I know they'll sell him and it's difficult to be objective about a price  Imo he's a premier class keeper and a good one so what is that worth - having said that with our lifelong obsession of throwing away good players for peanuts and common knowledge that we are skint  I bet liverpool et al are talking sub3m  for me that's a defo no but MM may want to trouser it