westwood

Guest Tricky111

liverpool spend stupid amounts on players so 4 - 5 mill will be brilliant business & is very achievable

Not if he has a sell on clause in his contract for a much smaller fee. I'd bet he has.

When he signed for free let's not forget, his agent will have been all over the sell on clause business to get him back to the prem where the big bucks are. It will have been a condition of him signing here.

Obviously could be rubbish and if so great we can get a lot more, but I honestly can't see him not having a sell on clause.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I have heard the same, but a figure was mentioned. £9 million 4 in Jan and £5 million in the Summer. UTO

Can't tell if you're being serious

Guest JonTheOwl66

Didn't he refuse to go sit on Man Citys bench before coming to us?

Hopefully he won't want to sit on Liverpools bench too.

If Liverpool give us £5m I very much hope he does want to go sit on their bench.

Guest wilyfox

If Liverpool give us £5m I very much hope he does want to go sit on their bench.

Exactly.

Selling Westwood is our only prospect of a decent cash injection to strengthen the team pre-takeover, whenever that turns out to be.

Guest wilyfox

Yes, Westwood does want games - but he'll only be content with championship football for so long, and he'd face tough competition at any prem club.

So won't he stick to his plan of playing games in the championship for the international spot?

Its what he decided at the start of the season can't see him going unless he is promised games.Mind you the goalkeepers at Liverpool have been awful.Can see why they want him.

Maybe the club would want Westwood to go?

If we flog Westwood for £8-9 million, then sign McGugan, Drenthe, and a decent striker, with change left, that'd be a great bit of business.

But if it stayed in Milan's pocket as he negotiated a takeover, I'd be a bit peeved.

If we got a takeover and investment it would no longer matter.