Blind optimism or genuine reason for belief?

Guest justcraig

Guest justcraig

It's easy to focus on our recent slump and jump on the band wagon of doom!

BUT, consider this... all season we've been crying out for creativity and supply for the strikers, well now we have it, don't we?

Drethe was looking sharp before his sending off and ultimate ban, but he's back available now, add that to McGugan joining as well as the couple of others that have shown glimpses of ability, this could bode well for us!

I personally think we will walk away from the John Smiths with all 3 points!

Just saying

lol

Guest wilyfox

I genuinely believe it's 50-50 on Saturday. McGugan should lift our confidence, but Huddersfield have recruited well also. Tough one to call.

Guest justcraig

I genuinely believe it's 50-50 on Saturday. McGugan should lift our confidence, but Huddersfield have recruited well also. Tough one to call.

Be a reyt game for the neutrals that

lol lol lol lol

I fancy us to win.

Another shocking performance and this site will be in meltdown.

I also fear for Stu if we get beaten again.

Sadly I agree with you on this.  If he had been backed after our great start we wouldn't even be contemplating his position.  Unfortunately we have been treading water for weeks and are now starting to get found out, especially at home.

Firstly, it's hardly a current slump. We finished last season in poor form, had a decent start to this, before returning to the norm. I also think the creativity issue has been a bit overplayed, we have been short, but it's at the sharp end where we don't have enough quality. I am certainly not expecting us to go goal crazy despite bringing in the creative/goal making talents of Drenthe, GTF, and now McGugan.

I fancy us to win.

Another shocking performance and this site will be in meltdown.

I also fear for Stu if we get beaten again.

Beaten again? What matches have you been to?  :biggrin:

I do think there is cause for optimism, the club are trying to address the creative and attacking problems we have - some fans seem to gloss over that.

Sadly I agree with you on this.  If he had been backed after our great start we wouldn't even be contemplating his position.  Unfortunately we have been treading water for weeks and are now starting to get found out, especially at home.

So load signings of Drenthe, Hope, GTF and now McGugan is not backing him after a good start? There's only so much that can be done outside a transfer window.