How many points are referees going to cost us?

Football fans preach that these decissions even themselves out over the course of the season, but since we've rejoined the Championship it really has been heavily against us with nothing to even it out.

Nah not for me, as I said earlier look at last season

Richard Dunne for QPR, soft penalty and a red card

Pearce for Reading, absolute stinker of a penalty decision, red card

There were a few others too but these are the ones that spring to mind as they were both in the early minutes of the game and gave us a penalty, a man advantage and to be honest the 3 points, it's only natural that we only remember the ones that go against us of course but they really do even up more often than not

There are far too many for me to recount that have gone against us in the past three seasons. Yet I only recall one off the top of my mind that was debatable, which was our goal away against the Dingles. It was still a goal for me (I WOULD have said this with roles reversed by the way).

I think it is VERY lopsided against us the past three seasons. Before then I woukd highlight certain devissions against us, but admit that it was evened up by other decissions that went in our favour.

I didnt think it was a pen live... having seen the tv i'm not sure. maybe it was.

There has been loads of decisions gone against us, but if you only mention 3, Millwall h, Bolton a, and Ipswich h... even with this poor run of form we would be 7th, 1 point outside play-offs. these are the 3 games that still bug me a bit even now.

and i was as mad as anyone re refs up till about a month ago. all your points in the OP are correct, and had we had the rub of the green in them early games, its probable we would have done better in this section of games as confidence would be up.

but the facts remain we HAVE to improve in the final 3rd, and quickly. 

You make your own luck, so it goes without saying that we do not deserve any as we have been soul destroyingly average.

Until we have at least two more creative midfielders (this is the most important position we need to strengthen) and one other striking option we will go nowhere.

Not much we can do about this, 3 shots on target though...is that the referees fault?

A complete lack of creativity in the team for the last 4 seasons, is that the referees fault?

Usually in football you get back what you put in, we set up for a draw and that's what we got, simple. We haven't got one player with a creative bone in his body, so probably the best we can expect??

OP a good well constructed post mate I agree that compared to the season since Di Canio pushsd the ref we seem to get no help from refs

Corrected for you

What you almost always find is that the teams that do the most attacking laying siege on the oppositions penalty area get the most penalties.

Hence why Man united and the Liverpool team of old always seemed to get late penalties.

True of course (although that didn't apply when we last got promoted). And didn't someone post stats saying that we've had more shots from outside the area than any other team bar Leeds or something? So yes, obviously we need to do better in the final third.

• Antonio's foul on Palmer being ignored in the lead up to their goal;
  • May's goal against Bolton being harshly ruled out;
  • Ipswich's handball in the lead up to their equaliser being ignored;
  • Watford's offside opener being allowed to stand;
  • Charlton's foul on Nuhiu in the box being ignored;
  • Rotherham's foul on Lee in the box being overlooked;

...add on the Maguire penalty-that-wasn't, which even had Chris Powell weeing himself at the ref's incompetence, and it's getting worse before it gets any better.

My worry is that we're not good enough to overcome the referees' incompetence and it's starting to drag us down.