Sylvan Ebanks-Blake

With the situation we're in, anyone we go for will have some kind of drawback. We've seen time and time again how it works with Premier League youngsters on loan. Either they make little impact or they do well, we get used to having them in our system and then they're taken back.

So nobody with everything in their favour will be ready and waiting. I saw Ebanks-Blake was on trial at Bradford and it made me think maybe Gray could get something positive from him for us.

Obviously it didn't happen for him at Ipswich last season and he got an injury at the end of his last Wolves season, but he scored 15 (14 in the league) at this level two seasons ago.

Scored a little bit in the Premier League (7, four seasons ago) and most of us remember the 25 he got when Wolves went up from the Championship.

I think we have to try something so why not offer him a chance for a few months? There's the question of who would be supplying him with chances and we can all see we're lacking there. I'd start with giving Drenthe a run of starts like he deserves and I do think Kieran Lee can pick up again.

I just wanted to put a viable suggestion forward. Would you give him a chance short-term?

Ebanks-Blake was a good striker at this level 4-5 years ago. He was unlucky that he suffered the leg break 2 years ago, it's obviously affected his ability greatly due to the fact he's struggling to get a contract anywhere. Maybe league one is his level now or surely another Championship team would've taken a punt on him. 

DJ Campbell as well...

Plays for Maidenhead Utd, we probably couldn't afford the transfer fee. 

Slightly better than SEB then 

14 Championship goals two seasons ago. It's not like suggesting someone who scored a few in 1985.

I know you get a good look at Ipswich but just because he didn't make an impact there doesn't mean his career's finished.

He's 28, he's shown he can score goals at this level, and we could get him on a free. We need to try something because it's gone completely flat of late.

Guest wilyfox

It's a no from me, Taylor-Fletcher might be no spring chicken but at least he's fit.

This ^^

A few clubs have looked at Ebanks-Blake and said no thanks. Probably a good reason for that. Overweight, had serious injuries, and probably a mere shadow of his former self.

Ebanks-Blake was a good striker at this level 4-5 years ago. He was unlucky that he suffered the leg break 2 years ago, it's obviously affected his ability greatly due to the fact he's struggling to get a contract anywhere. Maybe league one is his level now or surely another Championship team would've taken a punt on him.

Plays for Maidenhead Utd, we probably couldn't afford the transfer fee.

He's on non contract terms, it'd be a free transfer/ 7 day approach....

14 Championship goals two seasons ago. It's not like suggesting someone who scored a few in 1985.

I know you get a good look at Ipswich but just because he didn't make an impact there doesn't mean his career's finished.

He's 28, he's shown he can score goals at this level, and we could get him on a free. We need to try something because it's gone completely flat of late.

I know, the way the club is run, we're desperate in the transfer market ...

But SEB would be a DJ style signing post-445-0-20272400-1330729847_thumb.png

Seriously?, I would have had him at closer mid 30's

why dont we blag arsenal to loan us joel campbell, he looked fantastic in the world cup and i'm really surprised that he's not gone elsewhere and has only made 2 appearances for them this season. now they are out of the league cup surely arsenal would be looking to let him have a run out elsewhere to see if he makes the grade.

there's plenty of quality in premier league squads and youth teams and its disgusting that those clubs just keep these lads on the shelf and dont let them play football. i know campbell's not english but all this drama about english players not getting chances is cos they get snapped up when they show promise in their puberty and then kept in a backroom until the club doesnt want to pay their wages any more after wasting most of the years they should be learning their trade on the sidelines. clubs have to stop signing players too young and let them play football!