FFP DOES IT WORK

With forest due to be hit with a transfer embargo having broke FFP i ask you does it work? If forest get promoted to the premier how much is it worth? £70 million the only way to hit them for me is to say you have broke the rules to get there so you dont get promoted.MAN CITY  and PSG both got fined £30 million breaking ffp  getting into the european cup following week PSG paid £50 million for a player,The only way to hit em is by saying you have cheated so you dont get promoted or qualify.

any club with ambition just breaks them to get up into the big time then pays a small fine to compensate.

The problem is if you decide to spend all your money and don't have the funds left to pay it.

But to answer the question, no thet don't work

No it won't work. The authorities will back down in the face of any lawsuits.

As said above, it is mainly only there to protect the traditional big clubs such as man u, Liverpool and arsenal in the face of the noveau riche anyway.

There is also the question as to whether it should be there anyway. In some respects if a billionaire wants to spunk his cash on Nottingham forest, Bournemouth or whoever it is their prerogative. Just don't have the fans of said clubs bitching on when it all goes pear shaped.

A small aside, for what it is worth, I believe FFP is one of the main reasons for lack of buyers for us. You simply can't just inflate a club with huge wedges of cash anymore.

The established rich clubs will continue to break rules as long as they can swallows fines, or even accept a transfer ban if they have enough players and reserves. Until the biggest culprits get competitive bans i.e. not qualifying for CL, not being allowed promotion, large points deductions (at least prohibitive totals like 20 pts or so) then FFP is pretty much impotent.

FFP Seems to be hurting lower league clubs more than the top flight clubs.

Forest have opted to gamble. Completely insane if you ask me. They will come unstuck.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Damned if they did nothing, damned now they have tried to do something.

Do not underestimate the Football League, they have teeth and they are willing to use them. Whether someone creates a loophole or not they will still try and enforce their rules. 

Surely we can't complain about them doing this?