Why wont anyone buy us?

Yep, when discussing HS3 the media talk about Leeds and Liverpool in front of us which is bad enough, but now even Hull is being spoken about.

The city needs a big fookin' shake.

Definitely. I guarantee that we end up being missed out entirely in all this talk about northern super cities and transport investment.

The under achievement of our football teams is symptomatic of the underachievement of our city in general.

I often wish I had the charisma / voice / status whatever to take an active part in trying to improve this city. Then I realise I can't get my own bloody house in order so a city of 1/2 million plus people is probably a bit beyond me!

Guest Deleted member

The amount of money required to move us forward, properly, is immense. The investment in our facilities has been shocking since the South Stand was redeveloped.

We still have a significant amount of seats in the rain and snow. That whole end needs flattening and rebuilding, or better we need to flatten the whole thing and move to a purpose built stadium of the Parkway. Somewhere we can charge for parking, make decent revenues from non matcdayt income.

It's no coincidence the rise in Rotherhams revenues since they did this.

It's not just buying Milan our. It's what is required realistically after that to make us a Premiership club.

I don't think we will be sold in the next 3 years. And if we are you need to hope we get someone like Milan and not the idiots that have shown interest in US.

Mammadov, Cellino, Yu.

Guest blablabla

I'D HAVE THOUGHT THE ANSWER TO THIS IS BLATENTLY OBVIOUS. WHO'S GONNA SPEND 35-40 MIL TO OWN 30% OF A STRUGGLING FOOTBALL CLUB. WHEN THEY CAN SPEND FAR LESS ON ANOTHER FOOTBALL AND OWN A FAR BIGGER PERCENTAGE (IN BUSINESS THEY CALL THIS A CONTROLLING PERCENTAGE ABOVE) 

The amount of money required to move us forward, properly, is immense. The investment in our facilities has been shocking since the South Stand was redeveloped.

We still have a significant amount of seats in the rain and snow. That whole end needs flattening and rebuilding, or better we need to flatten the whole thing and move to a purpose built stadium of the Parkway. Somewhere we can charge for parking, make decent revenues from non matcdayt income.

It's no coincidence the rise in Rotherhams revenues since they did this.

It's not just buying Milan our. It's what is required realistically after that to make us a Premiership club.

I don't think we will be sold in the next 3 years. And if we are you need to hope we get someone like Milan and not the idiots that have shown interest in US.

Mammadov, Cellino, Yu.

When you look at the strings attached to Ikea's planning application, the chances of Wednesday getting planning permission for a stadium in the Don Valley / Parkway area of town are next to nothing.

The council would have serious concerns about traffic congestion in and around the area.  Putting a 30/40k seater stadium down that way would be a nightmare for the city whenever it was in use.  They'd fight it tooth and nail.

Personally think that anyone who believes its nothing to do with the disaster needs there head looking at.

When this is all over at the farce enquiry and if, a big if we come out of it mostly unscathed you watch how many will que up to buy us.

Do you honestly think P.A is going to say yeah it is the disaster that's stopping a takeover....of course he isn't.

£40 million, is also not to much when you look at what your buying, debt free!!

Bolton who are £140 million in debt are on about a £40m takeover. You telling me that seriously some thai sees that as a better investment?

Theres one problem with Hillsboro, and that's what them scousers did running the gates that fateful day......my opinion for legal reasons :biggrin:

Just like to add, theres nothing wrong with Hillsboro, apart from that ugly sodding away end that needs demolishing to see those demons off.

Plus back of north could do with bringing indoors.

Location is a problem if you look at it from an investors pov, and the whole thing needs pulling down if we're being honest. The club shop is a big corrugated iron shed.

Wrong location?

2 miles from the town centre

How the flip do you work that out?

So don valley area is a right location......cus that's lovely down there and everyone would love to go there just look at the stadium they just pulled down.

Parkway, even better a stadium with no sole or purpose.

Hillsboro used to get attendances double what we get now when they were horse and sodding carts for transport. Wrong location, jesus if a investor cant travel by limo 5 mins up Penistone road to get the town centre then god help us. Im sure investors feel he same traveling to old Trafford ect......

Tom22709 I just looked at your profile and I do feel for you mate, you have never seen a good team in your adult life so fair play for sticking by us. but fact is if the early 90's team were the team of today we would have been pulling plenty of investors and crowds up to 40K every week. Football in this country was reborn after euro 96, unfortunately that was the early days in our decline. Attendances shot up after this period and we missed out big time

Can't believe there are people still peddlin the "we'd average 30,000" crap !!

Even as a pessimist I think we would. The lower attendances would be offset by 38k against man u, man city, Liverpool, Chelsea....

I also know a fair few who were not blades but bought a season ticket for their most recent premier league season.

Totally hypothetical of course as we are a million miles away from promotion.

Tom22709 I just looked at your profile and I do feel for you mate, you have never seen a good team in your adult life so fair play for sticking by us. but fact is if the early 90's team were the team of today we would have been pulling plenty of investors and crowds up to 40K every week. Football in this country was reborn after euro 96, unfortunately that was the early days in our decline. Attendances shot up after this period and we missed out big time

Was completely the wrong time to implode wasn't it. What's happened in the meantime is pretty much impossible to bridge.