We're losing the fans

Guest Mancunian_Owl

That was the Reading game you idiot, a game I said was amazing but was discounted

So was Watford and a couple of other games. Some people have posted that they wouldn't come even if it was free.

My point stands, price effects us all at some point but people still wanna come

So was Watford and a couple of other games. Some people have posted that they wouldn't come even if it was free.

My point stands, price effects us all at some point but people still wanna come

That's my point exactly mate, read down the forums and even some die hards are having a crisis of the faith. We need to turn this around or we might be looking at an half empty stadium soon

Guest Gershwin

There’s a danger this thread’s lost its thread, which is that SW are “losing the fans.†The OP claims that attendances are going down and this is because it’s poor fayre on the pitch.

As one or two posters have pointed out, the problems with the OP is that the first part of the claim (attendances) isn’t based on fact. If this doesn’t stack up, the original post has got it wrong, whether or not the football’s rubbish.

As I mentioned in post 34, Wednesday’s attendances have been remarkable resilient over the years. By any standards, the Owls are not losing the fans, whatever the OP wants to us think. Unless you take a 1 month time frame, its plain wrong to claim that Wednesday are “losing the fans.â€

1 month time frame? Since Reading on 20th Sept. Well, obviously, gates have been lower than this heavily discounted bumper attendance. To use this attendance as a starting point for some general notion that Wednesday fans are deserting the Hillsborough terraces is bizarre. It’s bizarre for two reasons. One, the 20th Sept game had an unusually high attendance. It was not typical. Two, there have been just 3 home games since the Reading match. You can’t seriously claim that 3 games indicates a trend.

I know some fair-weather supporters like to howl after 2mins and like to justify this by making all sorts of unlikely claims. But proper Owls fans know the score. Firstly, SWFC is not “losing the fans†and secondly, we might not be watching Lionel Messi in blue & white stripes, but it’s a lot less depressing watching Wednesday these days than it was only a couple of seasons ago.

As post 59 pointed out “this is one of the few times in recent years we have actually been ok.†Seems an odd time to be moaning. And making things up to justify the moaning.

Guest Gershwin

No, it wouldn’t hurt to increase attendances (post 85) and I’m sure that this is what MM would like, too, as the recent executive level additions suggest. I'd hope your ideas would be taken on board.

The OP said something different…Wednesday are “losing the fans.†This is just plain wrong.