Would you take a chance on Drenthe in January?

Based on what we've seen, would you want us to sign Drenthe on a permanent basis if the opportunity arose in January?

Personally, I'd take him if the terms were right for our club. He may not have hit top form yet, but he's certainly shown that he has the ability to add that 'x-factor' which can turn a scrappy draw in to a win or nick a point when we don't deserve it. In terms of building a squad, he offers something which none of our other players can, which can only be a good thing.

My main reservation when we signed him was his temperament, but I've heard nothing to suggest he's been anything other than a model pro since he joined us. His recent interview with RS was yet another example of him coming across as a pretty level-headed, down-to-earth chap. (http://audioboom.com/boos/2607133-swfc-midfielder-royston-drenthe)

If we were to keep him on loan until the end of the season, we'd have a better chance to assess him, but then so too would the rest of the Championship. If he suddenly hits top form once he's match fit, the chances of us hanging on to him would drastically diminish. I can't take another Ben Marshall scenario!

I don't think it's in our or Royston's best interests to make it permanent to be honest. We haven't got a pot to wee wee in and we certainly cannot afford his full wages and there's no way if I was Royston I would take a pay cut. I would imagine we'll loan him until the end of the season paying a proportion of his wage (which reading probably know no one else will) which keeps everyone happy