Would you agree with this?

Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday

The world's oldest football rivalry - an 1862 fixture descended, quite naturally, into fisticuffs - and perhaps the fiercest outside the Premier Legaue, one that has showed no signs of abating despite both clubs falling on hard times. Although the hooligan element has been largely controlled in recent years, a deep well of resentment still exists, contributing to an electric atmosphere across the entire city for the whole week.

Our rivalry with United is so strong it went on before either one of us were formed!!!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Cardiff vs Swansea - English Football, could had phrased it a little better....

But ours as 3rd most intense rivalry after Sunderland and Newcastle is about right I think.

Hmmmm....not sure at number 3 our derby is more spicy than west ham v millwall but I think that the amount of hatred in generates in very much underestimated outside of the city.

Bought the only feckin table we'll finish third in this season......!

I've always thought ours has been pretty low key, the games I've to at least. Maybe living down south means I don't see what you lot see.

The Newcastle v Sunderland derby always gets more attention but I guess that's the media. Neither of our derbies the other year even made Sky.

Nobody has punched a horse at any of our games against anyone...

Edited by londonowl1986

You might laugh at this, you might not, but the Nottingham Forest v Derby fixtures are a big deal to the fans of those clubs.

I live just outside Nottingham and work in the city and from experience i can definitely say that the build up to the game is something else.

I think its mainly down to the fact that families aren't split in regard to who they support, hence a greater animosity.

The world's oldest football rivalry - an 1862 fixture descended, quite naturally, into fisticuffs - and perhaps the fiercest outside the Premier Legaue, one that has showed no signs of abating despite both clubs falling on hard times. Although the hooligan element has been largely controlled in recent years, a deep well of resentment still exists, contributing to an electric atmosphere across the entire city for the whole week.

Our rivalry with United is so strong it went on before either one of us were formed!!!

Good Article.Also if you extend it to include European domestic games,Then Real Madrid v Barcelona and AC Milan v Inter Milan would be in the top 2.

Cardiff vs Swansea - English Football, could had phrased it a little better....

But ours as 3rd most intense rivalry after Sunderland and Newcastle is about right I think.

It is the English football league I suppose

Our rivalry with United is so strong it went on before either one of us were formed!!!

Good Article.Also if you extend it to include European domestic games,Then Real Madrid v Barcelona and AC Milan v Inter Milan would be in the top 2.

Think if you extened it to European Domestic games I get the impression derbies in Turkey and Greece are not for the faint hearted. Maybe on a par with Old Firm games.