Alan Biggs on the latest 'learning curve' at SWFC (Stevie May being dropped)

It’s always a huge call for any manager to leave out his most expensive signing. Stevie May, Sheffield Wednesday’s £800,000 striker, is at the stage where he is expected to deliver. His overall record, and his recent call up to the Scotland squad, suggests that he can.

But with the Owls struggling for goals – currently four in 10 league games and none in the last three – Stuart Gray has already interchanged Atdhe Nuhiu and Gary Madine, the men in direct competition for the target man role....

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/alan-biggs-losing-his-place-in-the-team-is-all-part-of-stevie-may-s-learning-curve-at-sheffield-wednesday-1-6924921

Owlstalk Shop

Guest JonTheOwl66

Biggs talks absolute garbage. This guy is supposed to be a journalist. That article is pretty much a direct copy of a few posts off here.

"Oh, and by the way, what a capture Gray made in keeper Keiren Westwood."

​I love the way he just throws that in there at the end even though it's entirely unrelated to the rest of the article!

​I await next week's random thought with bated breath.

Oh, and by the way, what a great flavour of yoghurt hazelnut is.

gary megson 

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

"Oh, and by the way, what a capture Gray made in keeper Keiren Westwood."

​I love the way he just throws that in there at the end even though it's entirely unrelated to the rest of the article!

​I await next week's random thought with bated breath.

Oh, and by the way, what a great flavour of yoghurt hazelnut is.

gary megson 

I imagine he was trying to say that Westwood proves that SG is capable of making good choices in the transfer market and with this in mind we the fans and MM shouldn't be too quick to judge the spending on May.. But I guess you already knew that and just wanted to make us chuckle.. Hazelnut yoghurt ridiculous flavour ;) 

I imagine he was trying to say that Westwood proves that SG is capable of making good choices in the transfer market and with this in mind we the fans and MM shouldn't be too quick to judge the spending on May.. But I guess you already knew that and just wanted to make us chuckle.. Hazelnut yoghurt ridiculous flavour ;) 

It's manna from heaven, I tell ya!

Mmmmmmmmmmm....

post-37726-0-97731600-1414683698.jpg

Back to Biggs, though; I can see the point he's trying to make, it's just the way he made it so abruptly in the style of a conversational aside which made me smile.