losing the dressing room

Derby at home wasnt a dull 0-0 at all. was a cracking game..

Didnt cause them any problems? Nuhiu was brill in that game, as was the rest of the team. should have had at least 1 pen, and they have gone on to prove they are, like last season - a cracking team.

Had we kept that level of performance at s6 this year we would have a great home record.

Referring to players playing out of position Hope was on the wing against Watford, didn't work. May was on the wing against Forest I think.

But if they're doing a better job than other players for example how he was praising Madine for his performance v Leeds and Watford in the press but then gets dropped it makes you wonder why? Surely.

Taylor Fletcher in? Madine out? Really. You can't tell me taylor fletcher is fit and ready. I wasn't alluding to them being better but with our budget our loan targets are not going to be spectacular plages hence why I'm saying why not try and produce a few of our own.

When coke was on form? In 1 game against Brighton? The problem has always been midfield so don't try and pin me as the rest of Owlstalk.

No he doesn't chase the game. He makes these subs but it unbalances the squad. We don't have sides pinned in their own box at the end of game having them defending for their life's! We cram strikers upon strikers and forget we need someone who can actually get the ball into the box and a midfield to control the game.

I'm not referring to Gray being lethargic I'm referring the teams performance when attacking. We stutter and don't attack with a purpose but seems we don't really know what our strength is to score goals. In the last 10 minutes the other day their was no rushing to get the ball or players looking to make things happen.

Tell me how every home game has been interesting? We've won 1 this season. Scoring 3 goals, none from open play.

Our last home games

0-0 v Norwich

0-3v Watford (we got rolled over)

1-1 v Ipswich (should have won and yet we sat back to suit Ipswich)

1-0 v Reading (solid performance but lacked quality scoring through a deflected free kick, they also missed a penalty)

0-1 v Forest (Got beat and didn't really seem to cause Forsst any sort of problem)

1-1 v Millwall (Very stop start performance struggled to break them down and yet again scored from a deflected free kick, but conceded late on and they also had a penalty saved. We weren't convincing)

0-0 v Dervy (yet again another dull draw where we don't seem to want to try and cause any problems for the opposition. We didn't cause them any problems.

I seriously would loved to be proved wrong and hope that does happen and I will happily say I was wrong. I just feel recent games have been very negative compared to what he was doing when he got the job. It's become very predictable and I pay a lot of money every year to watch wednesday to be entertained and Unfortunatly this season I don't feel I have been.

Sorta missing out the fact that all those teams bar Millwall and maybe Ipswich will be looking to make up the top 6 - and only 2 actually beat us.

What were you hoping for against those teams. Don't get me wrong another win in there would be nice particularly against Ipswich but come on. You can't use those results as a measure of grays failure. Why not look at the fact that so few teams have beaten us this season? That were no longer a soft touch?

Silly, stupid, over expectations which hopefully won't end up with gray leaving.

Sorta missing out the fact that all those teams bar Millwall and maybe Ipswich will be looking to make up the top 6 - and only 2 actually beat us.

What were you hoping for against those teams. Don't get me wrong another win in there would be nice particularly against Ipswich but come on. You can't use those results as a measure of grays failure. Why not look at the fact that so few teams have beaten us this season? That were no longer a soft touch?

Silly, stupid, over expectations which hopefully won't end up with gray leaving.

Silly and stupid over expectation? I'd expect as a paying customer we try and win matches by attempting to score goals. I don't walk out of matches happy Sheffield Wednesday create nothing at home! Im happy to draw if we've gone for it but we've sat back and accepted draws, our attacking play is non existent. And that is what I'm not happy with. I don't think my expectations of seeing some goals is too much to ask.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Silly and stupid over expectation? I'd expect as a paying customer we try and win matches by attempting to score goals. I don't walk out of matches happy Sheffield Wednesday create nothing at home! Im happy to draw if we've gone for it but we've sat back and accepted draws, our attacking play is non existent. And that is what I'm not happy with. I don't think my expectations of seeing some goals is too much to ask.

We're Fans not Customers.

Fans = short for Fanatics, definition: 

someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team,

Customer, definition:

a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business.

When I buy my shopping I'm a customer of Tesco, not a fan.

When I watch the Wednesday, I'm a Fan not a customer.

No - it's just that he hasn't won for a few and hasn't kept us in the play-off positions despite having ten bob to spend.

So now he's tactically inept, can't attract / scout good players and has lost the dressing room.

Plus now May is a waste of money and now our strikers shouldnt work as hard cos that's why they're not scoring and our midfield is no good cos none of them can play a through ball.

Or that's what the absolute football know-nowts who post on here think anyway.

Let me explain my post in English for the dunce brigade. It's all about opinions. I've not heard anything from a playing member of staff but am fairly good at seeing a storm before it happens. Lots of negativity and finger pointing flying around at everyone for the lack of wins and goals, and if this continues much longer I ( that's me only) think we could have some unhappy players ( I have noticed signs of this recently). This in turn usually ends up with an unhappy dressing room. This usually ends up with unrest between coaching and playing staff. This could be construed as a manager ' Losing the dressing room'. Easy init.

We're Fans not Customers.

Fans = short for Fanatics, definition:

someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team,

Customer, definition:

a person who buys goods or services from a shop or business.

When I buy my shopping I'm a customer of Tesco, not a fan.

When I watch the Wednesday, I'm a Fan not a customer.

Not entirely true. I as a fan pay money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business and I can be both a fan and a customer. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I should go and enjoy it simply because I have too? I want to go and look forward to go and Unfortunatly fans just don't feel that way right now. No players to get excited about, poor atmosphere at home games, no big derby games. This season has been one of the dullest.

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Not entirely true. I as a fan pay money to be entertained. Football is an entertainment business and I can be both a fan and a customer. Just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I should go and enjoy it simply because I have too? I want to go and look forward to go and Unfortunatly fans just don't feel that way right now. No players to get excited about, poor atmosphere at home games, no big derby games. This season has been one of the dullest.

Football is a sport 

The Cinema is Entertainment

Completely different things.

Football is a sport

The Cinema is Entertainment

Completely different things.

Cinema is entertainment? That doesn't even make any sense. So I shouldn't be entertained when I go and watch Wednesday. I'm glad you don't work for the PR!

Guest Mancunian_Owl

Cinema is entertainment? That doesn't even make any sense. So I shouldn't be entertained when I go and watch Wednesday. I'm glad you don't work for the PR!

I don't work in PR, does that help.

Football is a sport.

WWF (WWE as it is now) is entertainment

Does that make sense?

Guest Mancunian_Owl

I coach my daughters team, parents pay for their players to come. Am I a business, am I an entertainer?

Nope I'm a sports coach and they are a sports team.

Just because there is a cash transaction does not mean I am guaranteeing entertainment.

The rot is in. Was told on Saturday that Grays seriously struggling to gain respect from at least 7 top 16 squad members. The atmosphere between several players, the coaching staff, and the rest of the team isnt pleasant. Many of the team are far from happy with Grays tactics. Just like was predicted after the Norwich game.

Guest Sheff Owl

I know it's an easy cliche to say the manager/coach is losing the dressing room when things are going belly up but it wouldn't surprise me if the odd player is getting fed up.

The tactics at home is awful, we are setting up to not concede/lose and then if we do concede we are fooked because we are obsessed with the defensive side.

Saying that tho people like Maghoma don't make things easy when half the time he can't be arsed to run, he is lazy, when you have players like that it's not exactly gonna make other players happy seeing his work rate.

The rot is in. Was told on Saturday that Grays seriously struggling to gain respect from at least 7 top 16 squad members. The atmosphere between several players, the coaching staff, and the rest of the team isnt pleasant. Many of the team are far from happy with Grays tactics. Just like was predicted after the Norwich game.

I know someone who works at middlewood rd they say you're lying

sums you up really

You don't know anyone, never mind someone at middlewood rd. So that's how I know your lying and not me. I'm repeating what was told by someone that's around the team most days. He tipped me off a mth back that new faces hadn't integrated into Grays ethos. And other more loyal players were getting sucked in. To be fair, even bladeshater could make this up and stand a chance of getting it spot on. Dunt take a F-king geniuos to work out that following a run like we're having, usually comes a story. And a bad guy or two.