Going nowhere without a central midfielder

This is fact. Kieran Lee was terrible today. I like the guy, he's tidy but today he showed that he's just not that good. Just doesn't create and impose himself in the game.

Maguire and Drenthe are our two main creative threats, they need a run on the wings. And we need a midfielder who can help them out, give them the ball and create something themselves. It's painful to watch, something needs changing.

Can't disagree.

Think we need someone centrally and someone out wide.

I think we're ok wide. Drenthe looks a handful, very talented and looks like he can whip a ball in with pace. Just hope his attitude/application gets sorted (he won't be with us long if it does anyway)

Maguire is a good option on the wing, by far our best player. And Helan was decent today.

Centrally we are dire.

I think we're ok wide. Drenthe looks a handful, very talented and looks like he can whip a ball in with pace. Just hope his attitude/application gets sorted (he won't be with us long if it does anyway)

Maguire is a good option on the wing, by far our best player. And Helan was decent today.

Centrally we are dire.

I'm a bit meh about our wide options.

Drenthe and Maguire have a bit about them, but wouldn't say either is in sparkling form.

Just think another option outwide would help, but I would agree that central midfield has to be priority.

Guest wilyfox

Lee and Semedo worked during our revival last season - but it sure isn't working at the moment. Semedo's doing what we know he will, but Lee looks off colour to me. Instead of seeking yet another striker, I'd rather we take a pop at someone like Barry Bannan.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Kieran lee belongs with mk dons

We need someone at the side of a hutch or semedo who bosses play

Someone like a 6 foot + who can create and shoot !

Well doesn't need to be tall I suppose

This is fact. Kieran Lee was terrible today. I like the guy, he's tidy but today he showed that he's just not that good. Just doesn't create and impose himself in the game.

Maguire and Drenthe are our two main creative threats, they need a run on the wings. And we need a midfielder who can help them out, give them the ball and create something themselves. It's painful to watch, something needs changing.

Hes crap like the rest of em

Lee was 'terrible' and 'crap'!? Really?

He was playing at the right hand side of a brand new diamond midfield. He did absolutely nothing wrong, and delivered his defensive duties well. What exactly are people expecting?

I bet 90% of people commenting on today's game didn't even realise we were playing a diamond.

Edited by townend_owl

Keiran Lee is a far better footballer than Giles Coke ever has or ever will be , overall we lack quality in midfield we really should be looking at getting a quality loan in there someone with the quality to unlock defences

Drenthe could do it .. But he's not fit enough to start according to Gray , get him focussed and fit maybe he could be the man

We have needed a decent central midfielder since like forever -  as my daughter would say.

How long have we been poo poo in that area?

Whelan was last decent one we had.

It's going on 8 years since we had anyone half decent in there. Hutch would have been the answer if he was able to stay fit but if that was the case he'd be in the prem.

Lee needs a little more time to find his form again. I agree we need a  more creative option, but also think our strikers are poo. If we had Wickham( or someone of same class), then we could play 4-2-3-1, and may be able to get away with coke more central and forward.   

Wouldn't mind coke getting another run out.

How many more "runs out", where he comes in, has an average game or two, and then reverts to total mediocrity, is Coke going to be given? We need infinitely better than Lee, Coke, Semedo and Maghoma, and infinitely fitter than Hutchinson, in our midfield, if we want to progress this season . Really you just need to ask yourself, how many other Championship midfields would those players get in, and other than a fit Hutchinson, the answer is none of them would get in any other midfield with the possible exception of Blackpools.