Part timers

What you really need to know about fishin' is...

Theowlsman comes across as a decent bloke...string a sentence together got a sense of humour an' all that...but

If you actually met him at a fishing match..he'd be a totally different kettle of...err..Owlsman.

#True story..

Ive only ever partaken in one match anglin' event..cos i'm crap at anglin' but had a few mates that were in a club...So one Sunday I went with 'em..

I noticed that this "merry bunch o mates" were totally different in a "match" situation...I was a novice, so no one gave a flyer ..and off we went to somewhere on the trent..Hazleford Ferry?..can't quite recall....breakfast at a pub..then off to the riverbank, and the whole situation changed...

I'd got half a pint of maggots and a tin of sweet corn..cos thats what I was told to get...got me peg number...an' someone piped up

"what a fookin' waste of a peg"..I thought..its a foo.kin River..its got fish in..whats the problem...

Anyroadupwards..I finally tackle up...folk actually gathered around to giggle as I did it..cast in...picked me reel up..cast in again...

After about half an hour...I noticed me mate...Who was best man at me wedding...(This should be remembered for later)..was pulling fish after fish in...

So I ambles around this bush to enquire as to how he was doing it...me being an abject learner at all this piscatorial stuff...

"Worms" he says...

I had no worms..just Maggots an' sweetcorn....So i asked for some worms...

He looked at me as if i'#d just f.ooked the Pope...

"I can't give you any worms..its a match!!"

I was absolutely foo.kin' flabbergasted...I'd known him for 20 years..best man at me weddin' aND HE WOULD NOT LOAN ME A F.OOKIN' WORM...!!

It was pretty quiet on the coach back..I was honestly fumin'..and let it be known about "wormgate"..and they all took HIS side!!!

The followin' day..he popped up to ours...an' posted a foo.kin' worm through the letter box...

tw.ats Fishermen..all of 'em!

i think you can glean enough info from radio/highlights/reports/blogs/streams etc etc to be able to have loads of opinion on stuff sheff wed to keep you going chatting on here all day & night without going live.

the only thing that bores me is people saying to drop a player all the time.. or s1ag a player off continuously.. 

i think you have to go to games to make them sort of calls personally.

People have no right to comment on games they haven`t seen. I keep getting told how well or bad Wed have played, by people following it on twitter!! Full of opinion, but never been.

do you have an opinion on politics or is that reserved for people who are in the House of Commons during a debate?

Costs me about the price of three season tickets to watch a match at home.

If work up to 80 hours a week it's either a crap job or you have one hell of a lot of overheads to still have to scrimp and save for a season ticket.

Turning down promotions wow which would bring better salary meaning you don't have to work silly hours.

I don't know wether to salute him or just shake my head at why someone would do that.

Edited by salford owl

i think you can glean enough info from radio/highlights/reports/blogs/streams etc etc to be able to have loads of opinion on stuff sheff wed to keep you going chatting on here all day & night without going live.

the only thing that bores me is people saying to drop a player all the time.. or s1ag a player off continuously..

i think you have to go to games to make them sort of calls personally.

Good post

Seems pretty sensible point of view to me

always been the same, even in the early 90s people would call praise and grumble without going or the benefits of modern technology eg streams etc.

What used to annoy me was the constant coverage certain local "celebs" were given each week just to stir the pot such as Brian the Blade etc

What you really need to know about fishin' is...Theowlsman comes across as a decent bloke...string a sentence together got a sense of humour an' all that...butIf you actually met him at a fishing match..he'd be a totally different kettle of...err..Owlsman.#True story..Ive only ever partaken in one match anglin' event..cos i'm crap at anglin' but had a few mates that were in a club...So one Sunday I went with 'em..I noticed that this "merry bunch o mates" were totally different in a "match" situation...I was a novice, so no one gave a flyer ..and off we went to somewhere on the trent..Hazleford Ferry?..can't quite recall....breakfast at a pub..then off to the riverbank, and the whole situation changed...I'd got half a pint of maggots and a tin of sweet corn..cos thats what I was told to get...got me peg number...an' someone piped up"what a fookin' waste of a peg"..I thought..its a foo.kin River..its got fish in..whats the problem...Anyroadupwards..I finally tackle up...folk actually gathered around to giggle as I did it..cast in...picked me reel up..cast in again...After about half an hour...I noticed me mate...Who was best man at me wedding...(This should be remembered for later)..was pulling fish after fish in...So I ambles around this bush to enquire as to how he was doing it...me being an abject learner at all this piscatorial stuff..."Worms" he says...I had no worms..just Maggots an' sweetcorn....So i asked for some worms...He looked at me as if i'#d just f.ooked the Pope..."I can't give you any worms..its a match!!"I was absolutely foo.kin' flabbergasted...I'd known him for 20 years..best man at me weddin' aND HE WOULD NOT LOAN ME A F.OOKIN' WORM...!!It was pretty quiet on the coach back..I was honestly fumin'..and let it be known about "wormgate"..and they all took HIS side!!!The followin' day..he popped up to ours...an' posted a foo.kin' worm through the letter box...tw.ats Fishermen..all of 'em!

Well, er, thanks for that.

Longest ever post designed to tell me to eff off. Most can do it in one sentence.

Turning down promotions wow which would bring better salary meaning you don't have to work silly hours.

I don't know wether to salute him or just shake my head at why someone would do that.

Work to live not live to work its not all about earning as much money as possible, if you can't spend your disposable doing what you enjoy then what's the point?

Posted · Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, November 1, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, November 1, 2014 - No reason given

Shut up you silly fanny.

There once was an angler called Asteener

Who tried to catch fish for his dinner

But he'd forgotten his worm

Which made his mates squirm,

And he caught nowt, and got thinner and thinner

A Fisherman's tale, and no lie

Spot theowlsman, and spit in his eye

He may doff his hat

But he's just a tvvat

He's just not a very nice guy

I lost me mates from fishing