Part timers

I don't want more people at Hillsborough.

On Saturday I was able to put my feet up on the seat next to me. A nearly empty row also means not having to constantly move to allow people to go to the toilet.

More parking spaces around as well.

In an idea world it would just be me inside the ground. I'm not a people person. Especially when the people are morons who think that Maghoma is JJ, Helan is JJ, Drenthe is JJ and think that Westwood is poo poo (a genuine comment I heard at the Watford game)

Edited by FlyingOwl

We've got about 15-18k hardcore home fans who will go regardless. (I'm one of these fools)

We've got another 2-5k that will go to as many games as they can get to. This will be slightly more when we are doing well and slightly less when things are not so good.

All this at standard ticket pricing.

Giving us roughly a 18-23k average home gate for the most part.

Then we have got 10-12k that need something else to entice them. Whether this be price, the team doing well, attractive opposition, etc.

This hasn't changed in the 35 years i've been going.

Life's to short to waste time doing something you don't like. I much prefer going to away matches than making the trip to Hillsborough. Living roughly a 140 miles from Sheffield, it generally makes little odds whether it's a home match or an away match, in terms of distance. Having said that, I still make it up to the occasional home matches because thankfully there are still a few Saturday afternoon pursuits that are even more dreary.

Balances itself out...does at every club.

Its not the fans that attend that get rid of managers, its the ones that don't...Its not the fans who attend that usually force changes..Its the ones that don't.

Fans who can afford it and think "F.oo.k this for a game of dominos probably do us so called "truefans" a bloody favour in the long run, cos we are stupidly loyal.....it needs a balance.

As for having an opinion and not going?...You only have to look at the goals scored to realise we have a problem, and look at goals conceded to realise the Keeper and the back 4 are performing..added to that a commentary by folk who have played the game and you have all the information to come to a conclusion.

Dunno what folk want...mithered about 40'000 turning up against Wycombe, then a mere 20'000 against Watford?..Same with every football club under the sun...

Hark back to the 70's and you get blokes like me lauding 26'000 against Southend..but hardly a mention of 7000 turning up at home against such as Oxford.

Its a balance...some Owls fans refuse to watch crap at the prices we charge...I can't formulate an argument against it..cos in the end it probably helps the fookwits like me that stand for it

Edited by asteener1867

I'm happy to be called whatever people like. I've done my time up and down the country, scraping money together for tickets etc.

Now it's simply a social event, the match is just a side show. If there is no social event after then i probably won't go.

No excuse on cost or any other reason. I just don't enjoy it.

I do try and avoid making comments in games I haven't seen though (used to wind me up big time when I was a die hard)

I thought i was on my own n there was something wrong with me! Totally agree with every post u've made in this thread.

Also with torres and gurujuan as well.

Well this thread got side tracked quickly.

It wasnt a dig at people who dont go to matches for what ever there reason is & no true fan v part time fan thread either but simply somebody asking the tards who ring up Praise & Grumble or come on here etc to say we played crap again & XXXXXXX was rubbish.

When you dont attend just dont comment on that game its not rocket, Point out the results dissapointing thats fine but dont comment on specifics that you have no idea about.

We've got about 15-18k hardcore home fans who will go regardless. (I'm one of these fools)

We've got another 2-5k that will go to as many games as they can get to. This will be slightly more when we are doing well and slightly less when things are not so good.

All this at standard ticket pricing.

Giving us roughly a 18-23k average home gate for the most part.

Then we have got 10-12k that need something else to entice them. Whether this be price, the team doing well, attractive opposition, etc.

This hasn't changed in the 35 years i've been going.

This is spot on, Dave Allan said this to Lee Strafford when he first took over and reckoned we could get around 25,000 every game. 

18,000 is the hardcore and it's been like this since around 1980, even in premier league days we didn't get much more for games against unattractive opposition like Wimbledon, Coventry and Luton.

I'm one of the fools but no regrets, still love going whoever we're playing and whether we're playing good or playing crap. 

Edited by bradowl

It wasnt a dig at people who dont go to matches for what ever there reason is & no true fan v part time fan thread either but simply somebody asking the tards who ring up Praise & Grumble or come on here etc to say we played crap again & XXXXXXX was rubbish.

When you dont attend just dont comment on that game its not rocket, Point out the results dissapointing thats fine but dont comment on specifics that you have no idea about.

Say for instance you are listening to the radio.....and you hear bthat Nuhiu sidefooted wide from 4 yds...then you came on here and saw 66 posts on nuhiu sidefooting wide from 4yds...

Would you not feel free to post..."FFS!! Nuhiu"...thats a specific

Say for instance you are listening to the radio.....and you hear bthat Nuhiu sidefooted wide from 4 yds...then you came on here and saw 66 posts on nuhiu sidefooting wide from 4yds...

Would you not feel free to post..."FFS!! Nuhiu"...thats a specific

Impossible!!! We don't create chances like that.  :duntmatter:

Since I've become part time, my fishing has improved no end. So much so that I'm now competing in matches with the country's best, including internationals, and beating them on the odd occasions. I'm competing in the best competitions, have made new friends with top anglers, and become known amongst them.

I thank Wednesday for allowing me to concentrate on my chosen sport. Had Milan made an effort to push us on, and we were doing well, I wouldn't have had the practice time to improve my fishing skills.

Thanks Milan.

We're all anglers aren't we?

Since I've become part time, my fishing has improved no end. So much so that I'm now competing in matches with the country's best, including internationals, and beating them on the odd occasions. I'm competing in the best competitions, have made new friends with top anglers, and become known amongst them.

I thank Wednesday for allowing me to concentrate on my chosen sport. Had Milan made an effort to push us on, and we were doing well, I wouldn't have had the practice time to improve my fishing skills.

Thanks Milan.

Sing when yer fishing lol

Thanks Milan.

Real fishing or fishing wat me guns and realist do?

Thanks Milan.

There is nothing quite like sitting on the boat at slack water in blazing sunshine as a MASSIVE ray picks your squid, the ratchet screaming as line tears off the reel whilst John Pearson shouts Nooooooooooooo Atdhe as our only attempt on goal is limply passed to the oppositions keeper...

Not bitter sweet because as I wind down and strike I know I have not spent another 14 hours in the car driving nose to tail up the M5 in the p1$$ing rain to see one weak shot on target and a couple of corners if I am lucky..

Edited by Flat Owl