Part timers

I'm happy to be called whatever people like. I've done my time up and down the country, scraping money together for tickets etc.

Now it's simply a social event, the match is just a side show. If there is no social event after then i probably won't go.

No excuse on cost or any other reason. I just don't enjoy it.

I do try and avoid making comments in games I haven't seen though (used to wind me up big time when I was a die hard)

Don't know how old you are but I hv started to see games as social events more in last few years. Think its partly getting older and partly knowing we are never going to be a great team.

I'm happy to be called whatever people like. I've done my time up and down the country, scraping money together for tickets etc.

Now it's simply a social event, the match is just a side show. If there is no social event after then i probably won't go.

No excuse on cost or any other reason. I just don't enjoy it.

I do try and avoid making comments in games I haven't seen though (used to wind me up big time when I was a die hard)

Pretty much my thoughts

Your attitude stinks 

You're not a supporter i'd struggle to call you a fan 

I know people who would break a leg to go even if they knew we would get battered but haven't the scratch so can't and you turn down freebies

To be fair, you don't know how much the poster would have to pay to get to Hillsborough and folk out for eating/drinking expenses.

Maybe the poster is saving the cash he would have spent going to the Norwich game (the match day ticket is only part of the cost) to go to the Rotherham game?

Perhaps the poster had the option to work at the weekend instead, which is probably more appealing than watching Wednesday bore the footballing world with 0-0's?

The poster might even prefer to have spent a weekend with his family instead of watching Wednesday, given he'll be watching Wednesday next week?

Just because people get down and dread going to watch crap, boring football doesn't make them any less of a fan. Watching Wednesday, or any club you support, can be soul destroying at times - everyone is entitled to a wobble or the preference to just say no for a game.

Also, all this talk about true Wednesday supporters - we have a fine stadium and play a decent standard of football. It isn't that hard to turn up and watch Wednesday - especially if you live close by. Those people who turn up week in week out to watch a far poorer standard of football than the Championship and in stadiums which make Hillsborough look like Wembley, they are the true football supporters in my opinion.

I'd been a s/t holder since '87.

Didn't get one this year as I was getting bored at the games - even more than usual.  Going to the game seemed like a chore and I was only doing it as I'd got a s/t.

Seen the games on TV this season and went to the Watford match. I don't think I'll be going again anytime soon as it still seems like a poo way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

I wasn't that arsed about going at the weekend, and I've got a season ticket.

Its just got a bit boring at Hillsborough for the last few weeks, can't blame the part timers one bit

Edited by Stoop kid

39 mate. I couldn't even plan a Saturday night 20 years ago until I knew the result of a Wednesday game. Now I go if we win great but it's forgotten before I get to Hillsborough park and I'm meeting the lads for a few beers and it won't ruin my night.

Saturday I thought I'd rather watch the El Classico than go to Hillsborough for free. It bores me

Sums it up rather watch the telly match between 2 teams you have no investment in than a club you purport to support 

Same people who said Alan was keeping 5,000 away.....but when he's gone, we'll be back they said.

Our support isn't anything special, other than the hard core season ticket holders, the walk up is poor

Unfortunately many of our fans are still stuck in the 90's thinking we should be competing with Chelsea, Man City and the like.

Totally deluded.

As a mate said to me in pub we,re a division 2 club in a rusting ground that cant compete with clubs that get half our crowd in a poor rundown city.

I've had a season ticket for 33 years and haven't missed a home league game since January 1995. I buy my ticket in the spring and then don't think of the expense for the rest of the year, apart from the several away games per year I can get to.

Going to the matches is just what I do, couldn't imagine not going - but I absolutely understand why pay on the day supporters can't be bothered - the quality of entertainment is absolutely dire and largely it has been for years. If I was in a pick and choose situation there's absolutely no way I'd regularly fork out up to £30, or around £100 for a family, to go to games whilst the product is so poor.

For some perspective, you could pay £30 to see our clueless team stumble around and rely on Westwood to gain us a point, or spend it on a DVD or blu ray boxset or two and be entertained for many hours.

The attitude from some fans towards others who can't/don't choose to go every single game is shockingly bad

Think about it... We should be attracting more people to come and get involved rather than slag em off and make em feel less wanted at the clubT

They probably live at home and just pay £20 a week board mate,wait till they get mortgage ,bank loan and a couple of kids.

They probably live at home and just pay £20 a week board mate,wait till they get mortgage ,bank loan and a couple of kids.

No it kills me not being able to afford to go to away games but economics didn't come into my gripe he said he turned down a free ticket inferring that he couldn't be bothered ......................thats not a supporter.

I've put my opinion many times on this subject, i buy a ST but im no more a fan nor better supporter than a bloke who can afford one game a season nor someone who can't be bothered, but supporting a team should be just that, support, to say i'd rather watch Spanish Football on telly cos im not entertained enough is crap .

I'm going to Fulham away a few days before Christmas. That must get me some proper true fan points.

But again the match is the side show for a day out. The match itself will no doubt be a complete bore.

Not about true fan crap which if you read my post should tell you that but don't bleat about entertainment then call yourself a supporter