This new left back

Guest wilyfox

Looks powerful and very athletic. Gets forward well - great cross for May to waste in the first half. Can see there's ability to work with. Needs to get fitter though; clearly struggled as the game wore on. Can't be having a LB cramping after an hour.

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Anyone who says he had a really good game is probably going a bit too far

Was ok but what about the long aimless balls?

Also anyone see the power up header he did

And he must have slipped over a few times first Half with green mercurials on so what does he do?

Instead of swapping to another type of boots he puts same ones but orange ones on 😂

He was ok overall though

He is a defender, not a bad one either

But this "attacking threat" is something I'm yet to see, the lad really can not play football but he's strong, quick and as you say reads the game alright, definitely a defender

Mattock first choice for me though

And mattock does exactly what in attacking area's? He's like a poor mans Buxton when it comes to a final ball and Buxton's final ball is awful!

I thought he wasn't very good.

Poor headers, dallied in possession and resorted to too many sideways/backwards passes, even gave Loovens a couple of hospital passes. He was a worry a few times when not getting rid of it like he should.

To me it looked like nerves. He was terrified of putting a foot wrong. Held back from picking a forward pass, panicky clearances, etc.

Hopefully that'll pick up. He does have pace, power, and technical ability, he just needs the balls to put it to good use.

Thought he was decent personally, had a bit of an iffy spell early in the second half where he played a few aimless long balls but generally he seemed to read things well, looked comfortable on the ball and sees things around him to find a colleague with a pass. Harsh to judge him on his first league start after playing only 61 minutes (plus the Man City debacle) of English football, not to mention he was playing against a number of players that were in the Premier league for the last couple of seasons.

Should have had two assists. Stevie May should have done better with that cross and Gary Taylor-Fletcher should have struck that brilliant ball over the top, straight away.

He should be satisfied with that performance and will hope to build on it.

I like the description as a more polished Reda. I must admit I was bricking it beforehand thinking Norwich would eat him alive but I was pleasantly surprised - he wasn't amazing but he was decent enough and the longer he has to adapt to the English game the better he'll get. He's got good attributes - lots of pace and power and put in a decent cross for May early on, his tackling was alright too. He's absolutely woeful at heading though and his passing got worse as the game went on. I still think Helan should get an extended run at left back, although Mattock has impressed me this year a hell of a lot more than he did at the back end of last season. I'm happy to say that left back is a position that we're sorted at.

Musta been someone else who ran 50yds twice to cover Palmer at the other side of the pitch then...me eyes are goin' a bit mind..........

There is more to defending than 'running back quickly'. Positionally Helan is poor, especially at the back post when balls come across. He's also average one on one. He'd be in my first 11, but is play him further up the pitch where he can do damage with his pace.

There is more to defending than 'running back quickly'. Positionally Helan is poor, especially at the back post when balls come across. He's also average one on one. He'd be in my first 11, but is play him further up the pitch where he can do damage with his pace.

No doubt there is mate...but its not as though we have a plethora of f..ookers that do it at the minute............