Choose one Championship player..

Guest JonTheOwl66

i dont really know this bloke but would you really sign him for us above rhodes? .....

For me he is the best player outside the premier

But you cannot compare him to Rhodes

Abdi is a central midfielder of sublime skill, vision and awareness who chips in with goals.

Rhodes is an out and out goal poacher

For me he is the best player outside the premier

But you cannot compare him to Rhodes

Abdi is a central midfielder of sublime skill, vision and awareness who chips in with goals.

Rhodes is an out and out goal poacher

best player or which one would you most want to sign are 2 different things , which one will fetch the most money and win you the most games........its like nilsson is a better player than hirst but 99%of us would go for the goalscorer .

best player or which one would you most want to sign are 2 different things , which one will fetch the most money and win you the most games........its like nilsson is a better player than hirst but 99%of us would go for the goalscorer .

Hirst was a better player than Nilsson though - and then some...

More valuable to the team, more monetary value and was a talisman that won us games we wouldn't have won

No point in having a major goal poacher if the team don't create

And if the thread is all about value in a monetary sense then that would change it completely

I assumed it was about a player to add a missing dimension to the current team

Edited by scram

Hirst was a better player than Nilsson though - and then some...

More valuable to the team, more monetary value and was a talisman that won us games we wouldn't have won

No point in having a major goal poacher if the team don't create

And if the thread is all about value in a monetary sense then that would change it completely

I assumed it was about a player to add a missing dimension to the current team

we have a missing dimension and thats we dont score enough goals, and i´m only guessing here but if both players became available for free most if not all managers in this division would go for rhodes ......everyone single club wants a 20 /30 goals a season man thats why they cost millions . Edited by torryowl

From what I have seen, read and heard we don't create chances

Rhodes won't change that

At the start of the season we had a thread asking which championship player we should sign with money no object - I said Rhodes

The sands have shifted - even Rhodes can't score in a vacuum

Guest JonTheOwl66

The main priority for us now is to get some midfielders in. We probably need a brand new four/five set of them.

Not one position is good enough at the moment in our midfield.

After that up top needs some work.

From what I have seen, read and heard we don't create chances

Rhodes won't change that

At the start of the season we had a thread asking which championship player we should sign with money no object - I said Rhodes

The sands have shifted - even Rhodes can't score in a vacuum

i dont know the stats but a good midfielder if he makes 10 assists and scores 8 goals in a season is very good......i´d bet rhodes would contribute more even in a side like ours .its a no brainer goalscorers are king everyone knows that.whether they are the best player is immaterial they are the ones that win you games .....best player ive seen for us is tommy craig but he wouldnt be the one i'd go for, if i had to pick one it would be layne ,why? because he could score goals .

i dont know the stats but a good midfielder if he makes 10 assists and scores 8 goals in a season is very good......i´d bet rhodes would contribute more even in a side like ours .its a no brainer goalscorers are king everyone knows that.whether they are the best player is immaterial they are the ones that win you games .....best player ive seen for us is tommy craig but he wouldnt be the one i'd go for, if i had to pick one it would be layne ,why? because he could score goals .

Of course goal scorers are king - I've already said at the start of the season I chose Rhodes

But they need something to work with

Why did Gary Linekar score more for Everton and Spurs than he did for Leicester?

Why, when he was played on the left wing, did his goals tally suffer at Barca?

My point is that you can have all the bullets in the world but without the guns to put them in you are stuffed

Edited by scram

Of course goal scorers are king - I've already said at the start of the season I chose Rhodes

But they need something to work with

Why did Gary Linekar score more for Everton and Spurs than he did for Leicester?

Why, when he was played on the left wing, did his goals tally suffer at Barca?

My point is that you can have all the bullets in the world but without the guns to put them in you are stuffed

well not convinced about your bloke but its 1-20am here and the whisky´s kicking in so i´m off to bed ......

well not convinced about your bloke but its 1-20am here and the whisky´s kicking in so i´m off to bed ......

Not trying to convince anybody - just offering an opinion

How about taking to task the many others on this thread who advocate players other then Rhodes?