What was the point.

When MM bought us he did it for one reason, to make a profit on us. At the time we were in L1 and struggling near the wrong end of the table with a HMRC winding up order looming.

In comes MM to save the day.

When he bought us it was with a profit in mind. That profit being the promised land of the premier league. Step 1 was achieved albeit with the emotional roller coaster that was the Megson saga.

In stepped Dave Jones to steer us over the line. Stage 1 complete and the fans are euphoric after pipping the sow hogs to second place and ultimately promotion.

So onto stage 2 then and after a depressing stint with Jones that mercifully ended after a long overdue stay in steps Gray to initially steady the ship until someone could be found who wasn't in work (MM doesn't do compensation). Gray did more than keep us ticking over to the point where he gets the job full time.

Gray keeps us up and gets us off to a good start this season until the man city rodgering. Since this result we have really struggled and the goals and chances have dried up with fans and media alike stating how we need a proven championship striker.

Attempts we made (we assume) to get Chris Wood from Leicester who turned us down to fight for his place in the Leicester side. Ok we said and moved onto another target and in comes WTF erm sorry that should read GTF.

The point of this post is why did MM buy us? Is the sum of his ambitions to languish in the championship looking closer at the drop than the play offs? Does he think that he will get lucky and somehow Gray will have us graft our way to the play offs with a sequence of 1-0 wins?

We are all so thankful he saved us lets not forget that and we also know he wants to sell us but when the team is crying out for some quality and we get a 36 year old has been who looks like they just pulled him of a Henry boot site the message it sends to us is I have done with this team and just want out. Well 20,000 attendance tells you a lot of others want out too.

The longer this attitude is taken the harder it will be to sell us Milan. In the end I fear a cut price sale to anyone that comes along and another slide into the abyss.

Hope I am wrong but it looks like we are turning back into a bottom 6 team again.

When MM bought us he did it for one reason, to make a profit on us. At the time we were in L1 and struggling near the wrong end of the table with a HMRC winding up order looming.

In comes MM to save the day.

When he bought us it was with a profit in mind. That profit being the promised land of the premier league. Step 1 was achieved albeit with the emotional roller coaster that was the Megson saga.

In stepped Dave Jones to steer us over the line. Stage 1 complete and the fans are euphoric after pipping the sow hogs to second place and ultimately promotion.

So onto stage 2 then and after a depressing stint with Jones that mercifully ended after a long overdue stay in steps Gray to initially steady the ship until someone could be found who wasn't in work (MM doesn't do compensation). Gray did more than keep us ticking over to the point where he gets the job full time.

Gray keeps us up and gets us off to a good start this season until the man city rodgering. Since this result we have really struggled and the goals and chances have dried up with fans and media alike stating how we need a proven championship striker.

Attempts we made (we assume) to get Chris Wood from Leicester who turned us down to fight for his place in the Leicester side. Ok we said and moved onto another target and in comes WTF erm sorry that should read GTF.

The point of this post is why did MM buy us? Is the sum of his ambitions to languish in the championship looking closer at the drop than the play offs? Does he think that he will get lucky and somehow Gray will have us graft our way to the play offs with a sequence of 1-0 wins?

We are all so thankful he saved us lets not forget that and we also know he wants to sell us but when the team is crying out for some quality and we get a 36 year old has been who looks like they just pulled him of a Henry boot site the message it sends to us is I have done with this team and just want out. Well 20,000 attendance tells you a lot of others want out too.

The longer this attitude is taken the harder it will be to sell us Milan. In the end I fear a cut price sale to anyone that comes along and another slide into the abyss.

Hope I am wrong but it looks like we are turning back into a bottom 6 team again.

Taylor-fletcher is 33, not 36.

Guest Sheff Owl

The simple thing is Milan wants out, he's had enough.

Any money he spends he won't get back. 

We are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Now some will say we are suffering because of this but in reality he is probably doing what's right in a personal sense and you could say also in a business sense so that we don't end up like we was in previous years.

Edited by Sheff Owl

No team in this division is around just to make up the numbers, each team has aspirations.   Each team has a business behind it and everyone in those businesses want promotion, or a cup run.   It's called competitive sport for a reason.

That said, throwing money at the problem of promotion is a gamble, getting the correct infrastructure in place, with the best possible set of staff to support the players is the safer but more long term solution.   The solution that doesn't give you the chance of becoming the next football club to be in administration if the gamble fails.  

MM has chosen the safer route and that's the one we are taking, all we can do is be around for the more boring ride and hope for the best.   The alternative could be to pay high wages, aim high, fall short and be back where we were when the stooges were in charge needing to go cap in hand to the Co-Op.

Edited by salmonbones

I don't give a flying how old he is if he makes a positive impact.

I have no doubt Stevie May and Gary Madine for instance could do with looking at the guy and trying to emulate something that gave him something like a 1 in 4 goal to game ratio in over 400 games whilst playing in every division.    That is quite a bit of drive and determination.

Edited by salmonbones

Oh he's 33. My bad that makes all the difference.

Well that formed the basis for you deciding Milan was done with the club so it would have been good to get it right.

I agree and so does Milan (probably)

We are in a horrible position where the chairman wants to leave football and has lost the drive and energy needed (not having a go, the man deserves a rest at his time of life)

But no one wants to take over the role.

The club is running on auto pilot