I fear Stevie May is turning into

Another Guy Whittingham type figure for us as he's a player who has come with a fantastic goalscoring record to help ease our scoring problems but because he's so keen and honest in working hard and doing a job for his team mates that he's stopped doing the things and being in the areas that brought him his initial success.

His work ethic and commitment to the cause is honourable but Gray should be releasing him of some of his defensive responsibilities and get bsck to doing what he does best.

Get Hirsty on the training ground with him for a week and then maybe next time we get a break down the wing and you look up to see who we can cross to we might have a striker in the box which is where he earns his corn.

It's a good point. May's run late on behind the back four was an example of his great movement. He was a little wide that time but it's what he should be doing.

THe chance when Drenthe crossed and nobody was within 30 yards of the goal was what normally happens

It's a good point. May's run late on behind the back four was an example of his great movement. He was a little wide that time but it's what he should be doing.

THe chance when Drenthe crossed and nobody was within 30 yards of the goal was what normally happens

Drenthe never looked up. He's done OK since he came, but how he once fetched £14m from Real Madrid is beyond me.

May is currently expanding all his energy in areas way too deep to hurt the opposition, partly through a lack of any decent service and partly through his desire to help the cause which is resulting in clean sheets but a lack of goals for.

I think Gray needs a rethink about our attacking play, we have a solid base to work from, let's find our cutting edge again.

Any idea how long before Lavery's back?

Terrible slur on Guy Whitingham!

I'm sorry to say that I think our Stevie is more akin to FJ9. Probably not quite as good a footballer, buy he does try harder. Both are/were too lightweight without having the pace to make up for it.

FJ9 was a crock, never fit and when he was fit most of the time he was a timid, waste of a shirt.

Mays nothing like that.

Terrible comparison.

Edited by B.A Baracus

FJ9...was a timid, waste of a shirt.

Mays nothing like that.

Terrible comparison.

Erm, sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.

He loses every single 50:50. He's bundled about like a toddler on a bouncy castle. Waste of a shirt is about right given his contribution so far.

I genuinely hope he makes one; but can't help thinking a loan spell in L1 first. He's still young. So there's no reason to think that he'll not get there.

I'm certainkly struggling to see where he fits in now we have GTF!

Drenthe never looked up. He's done OK since he came, but how he once fetched £14m from Real Madrid is beyond me.

I'd love to see him take May's place in the team. Offers so much more.

All the excuses about these "defensive duties" are embarassing. May comes deep because he can't compete with the defenders further up the field. He's struggling at this level and his confidence is taking a battering (admittedly I'm nit helping!)

He needs to go out on loan.